Spring Haul from Mihokoshop

by Jess on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 · 33 comments

Heya! First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for visiting, and leaving me a comment on my previous post, letting me feel that you appreciate my blog. Thanks so much for your support! You all are the best! :)

Today, I have a haul post for you again! You must have noticed that haul posts are one of my favorite posts haven’t you? Haha… So, showing you what I got from Mihokoshop.

Product overview…

Tsubaki Head Spa Massage Spa Mask

Fuz heavily raved about this product, so of course I had to get it to try for myself! I have already used it yesterday, and it actually made my hair really shiny and bouncy.

Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner

This is another highly raved product, that I have been wanting to try for the longest. It is said to be 100% smudge-proof, and since this liquid liner has a waterproof formulation, it is also suitable to use on the waterline and for tightlining.

The felt tip is super fine, so you can draw a really fine and exact line with it. I have already used it for tightlining, hence confirming it does not smudge even the tiniest!

Lunasol Brow Styling Compact ~ GB02 Grayish Brown

I have just started to use eyebrow powder not too long ago in combination with eyebrow pencil. Previously, I have purchased the Shiseido Eyebrow and Eyeliner Compact. While the product itself was ok, the shade just did not match me too well.

The Lunasol Brow Styling Compact has two powders and a cream to create natural and dimensional looking eyebrows.

The way I use the Brow Styling Compact: first, I fill in my eyebrows with a eyebrow pencil. Next, I pick up the darker powder with the slanted brush that comes with the compact, and slightly go over the brows, in order to get a softer and more natural look, so it is not that obviously drawn. As a last step, I use the cream with the definition brush (the mascara-wand-like end) to arrange the brow hairs.

The grayish brown shades match my skintone really nicely, and so far, I’m enjoying this product quite a lot! I will show you how my finished brows look in the next FOTD! ;)

Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes ~ 04 Smoky Ocean (Lunasol Spring 2011)

If you followed me on facebook, you probably got that I have been super excited about the Lunasol Spring 2011 Collection, especially about the Ocean Scene Eyes palettes! So, I got my hands on 04 Smoky Ocean, since this was the most striking and also the most unique one out of the collection.

Isn’t 04 Smoky Ocean just super pretty? If you like neutral colors as much as I do, but kind of getting bored with the common neutral beige and brown shades, you should definitely get 04 Smoky Ocean!  The shades, which are on the cool side will go with most skintones, but especially pretty on fairer skin!

I totally can’t wait to use it! Will post up swatches soon!

Hope you enjoyed my spring haul! Maybe, another one is following soon, haha… :p
Still working on my blog layout bit by bit… Should you have any suggestions, ideas and tips for my blog layout, don’t hesitate to let me know!

fuz February 16, 2011 at 02:12

Jess! Awesome haul! My cousin gave me the ocean scene eyes palette as a gift, hahaha. I like the look of 04! It’ll be incredibly pretty on you!!

Jess February 16, 2011 at 02:17

Oh, you have such a nice cousin! Do a look with it soon, ya? And thanks for visiting my new blog, Fuz! <3

Eva February 16, 2011 at 02:20

Yay you’re blogging again!! ^^ you’ll love the dollywink liner it’s my favourite!! I bought the smoky ocean palette recently too.

Jess February 16, 2011 at 02:51

Yay for the Smoky Ocean palette! ;)

Eva February 16, 2011 at 03:12

Thanks for the add Jess! yup I just changed it =)

Catherine February 16, 2011 at 02:24

What a lovely haul! The eyeshadow palette looks sooo gorgeous! And everyone keeps raving about the Dolly Wink liner, but I don’t tightline… *still curious though* LOL!! I really need to find a good hair mask or conditioner too… my hair gets a little dry in the winter time because of all the indoor heating, but I have pretty healthy, fine hair so a lot of conditioners and hair masks are *too* nourishing really weigh my hair down. Do you have any recs?

BTW – I am realllllly so proud of you for putting this theme together! The blog looks absolutely amazing – I especially like how your pictures are so much bigger now. :D How are you liking it so far now that everything’s more in place?

Jess February 16, 2011 at 02:50

Awww, thanks for being proud of me for what I put together with this theme, Cat! <3 I feel much more comfortable with the layout now, yet still a lot to work on though… btw, do you have any recs for widgets/plugins?

My super thick and constantly dry hair seems never really absorb any treatment that I put on, no matter how rich they are, sigh! Have you ever tried the Frederic Fekkai Glossing Conditioner? It contains olive oil extracts to make hair smooth and shiny.

I really like it a lot! Yes, the price tag is quite hefty, but I think it’s a really good product! Highly recommend! ;)

Catherine February 16, 2011 at 07:18

I think you’re doing a really great job!! And yes!! I have lots of recommendations – I actually meant to send this list to you earlier but I’ve just been so busy =X

I use:
1. Wordpress Database Backup – this automatically backs up your wp database (the place all your posts and comments and pictures are stored, etc) and saves the last few copies on your server and also you can set it to email you a backup every week or so. It’s really nice because just in case anything happens to the server, you can always re-upload the database and it’ll be as if nothing happened. This is also super useful for if you really screw up the layout or something, you can just go to the version before. http://austinmatzko.com/wordpress-plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Move Comments – sometimes people post comments in response to the wrong post, this allows you to move comments to the right post http://www.dountsis.com/projects/move-comments/

3. Threaded Comments – This allows you to have threaded comments (replies to comments indented) to up to 9 levels or something, I think WP only does 3 by itself. It also allows you to specifically subscribe to comments. WP has a subscribe to comments option too, but when you subscribe to comments on a post you subscribe to all comments in response to that post no matter who posts them and in response to which comment. This allows you to only subscribe to replies to your own comment, which is really helpful so you get notified if someone answers your question but your inbox doesn’t get spammed with comments you don’t care about. I think this is a really nice feature for your readers. =) http://blog.2i2j.com/plugins/wordpress-thread-comment

4. CommentLuv – This allows readers to link their last blog post. http://comluv.com/download/commentluv-wordpress/

5. FollowMe – This is a Twitter link. You know the little blue birdie and “Follow Me” at the left side of Strawberry Mochi page? This is what that is. You could totally do it yourself, but this is nice and easy since it already has the graphics, you just enter in your twitter name and where you want which icon to appear on your page. http://wpburn.com/wordpress-plugins/wp-followme-plugin

And I think you should already have Akismet which catches spam comments (and it works really well too!).

Those are all the plugins I use, hope that helps! :D

& oooh, thanks for the rec! You know, I actually love the Glossing Cream (but I’m usually too lazy to use it hahaha… I would love something I can just use in the shower, ykwim?), so I’ll have to check this out, thanks! :D

Jess February 16, 2011 at 21:02

Thanks a lot for the recs, Cat!! <3

reene February 16, 2011 at 02:28

Ooh Smoky Ocean is so pretty! I can’t wait until you do swatches and looks with it. ^^ I’m also lusting after this palette hehe.

Jess February 16, 2011 at 02:52

Renee, I will post up swatches as soon as possible!

Nic nic February 16, 2011 at 02:29

lovely haul Jess, looking forward seeing the palette on you :)

Jess February 16, 2011 at 02:54

Nic Nic, I can’t wait to put it on myself, hehe… Sadly, I won’t be having much time for makeup some time soon, argh!! :(

SumMei0529 February 16, 2011 at 02:58

Great haul! Let me know how you like the Lunasol Brow Styling Compact please~ ^^

Jess February 16, 2011 at 03:04

Sum Mei, sure I will report on it more detailed! :)

georgina February 16, 2011 at 03:45

hi jess! great haul as always. wow, you put a lot of effort in your brows! i cant do it as precise as you do. i only use a brow pencil and anastasia brow gel to lock the hairs in place. :P

^5 on getting Lunasol’s Ocean scens eyes, heavenly soft shadows right? :)

Jess February 16, 2011 at 04:07

Georgina, I think I need to put that much effort in my brows, otherwise they look lumpy, haha… Oh, the Lunasol Ocean Scene palette is pure love!! :p

Diane February 16, 2011 at 05:32

Great haul, the Lunasol Smokey Ocean palette looks so pretty! I’ve heard Fuz talk about that Tsubaki Head Mask a few times, I want to finish the masks I already have so I can try it too.

*Kat* February 16, 2011 at 09:43

Lovely haul Jess! I’m still eyeing the Lunasol palettes, telling myself that I don’t need it but I don’t think that I’m succeeding. I have very sparse eyebrows so I use a pencil and powder too.

Mariza February 16, 2011 at 12:30

I love your haul! I’ve been trying to find an asian brand eyeliner that will work! I’ve never tried Lunasol either but you and fuz are making me want to get some of their eyeshadows. It’s just so hard to get some of the products in the states!

akisa February 16, 2011 at 13:08

Miss your FOTDs Jess! Can’t wait to see you use these in a post soon~ You always look great in navy/silver hues~

Makeup Morsels February 17, 2011 at 02:53

yayy you know how I love your haul posts lol xD I love Tsubaki hair products, haven’t tried that one yet though. OMG I’ve wanted to try the Dolly Wink eyeliner for the longest time now. Must buy that the next time I return to Taiwan. Looking forward to your next post :)
Makeup Morsels last blog…The Wednesday Wigeon No12My Profile

Jess February 17, 2011 at 02:57

I’m glad to hear that my haul posts are appreciated, hehe… The Dolly Wink liquid liner is the most lasting and non-smudging liner I have ever used!

Fruity Lashes February 17, 2011 at 08:48

lovely haul Jess!!! the new lunasol palettes are gorgeous and 04 is such a nice shade out of the 5. great choice. btw, the first pic doesn’t show up on your post.
Fruity Lashes last blog…Guerlain Spring 2011 Blush G Serie Noire and Rouge G Serie Noire 70 Fuchsia Delice PreviewMy Profile

Jess February 17, 2011 at 16:40

Yeah, 04 is the best pick out of the 5 from the Ocean Scene Eyes Collection in my opinion! :)

Thanks for letting me know about the broken picture. Hope, it works now?!

mynakedlunch February 17, 2011 at 14:20

Hello, just stumbled your blog! I love it! Adding your blog to my daily reads! :D ps. That eyebrow palette looks good!

Jess February 17, 2011 at 16:11

Hi! Welcome to my blog, and thanks for adding! <3

Danica February 17, 2011 at 17:39

haha XD Jess!! U kinda like the tsubaki line and lunasol right? haha!! me too!!!!
but I haven’t try their eyebrown product from LUNASOL!! I will try them!!!! haha XD TY for sharing!!!^^ <3

erica February 24, 2011 at 21:59

i’ve got to try the hair mask and the eyeliner!!!! *runs off to mihoko site*
erica last blog…a case of the tuesdays…My Profile

Elle February 26, 2011 at 19:47

Lunasol palettes are so pretty! I haven’t tried them yet but they are on my list along with Tsubaki hair products! And the Koji Dolly wink liner is amazing ^_^

And I am so honored to be on your blogroll ^_^!
Elle last blog…NOTD- Purple Glitter GradientMy Profile

Jess February 26, 2011 at 22:29

Hi Elle! Yeah, Lunasol definitely has the most beautiful and high quality products in my opinion! :)
Loving everything I got so far! I owe you all lots of reviews, I know…

You so deserve to be on my blogroll, girl! <3

Agnes February 28, 2011 at 05:48

This is a very lovely haul. I would definitely try to get hold of the dolly wink eye-liner. Looking forward to more make up tutorials from you. Just sub! ^ ^
Agnes last blog…Samantha Thavasa Opens in SingaporeMy Profile

Jess February 28, 2011 at 06:12

Hi Agnes, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment!
I’m doing my best to come up with regular FOTD, tutorial, and review posts! ;)