Fotd | Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes 04 Smokey Ocean, Nail Swatch | Paul & Joe Nail Enamel 010 Splendour

by Jess on Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 · 42 comments

Hello! I’m sorry again for lacking posts! I think, I need not mention again that it’s due to stress at work, do I? But well, no more whining… :)

I did a look with my new Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes ~ 04 Smoky Ocean yesterday, but didn’t manage to post it until today, since I went out with the bf to meet with a friend for snooker.

I would have loved to stay up for the sake of blogging after coming home, but I didn’t want to break my resolution to go to bed not later than 2:30 am. So please wish me luck!! That’s it for my random information, haha…

Here goes the products that I used…

BASE MAKEUP
– Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer
– Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer ~ 1 Light
– MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ~ Light

EYE MAKEUP
– Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N ~ 01 diamond snow
– Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes ~ 04 Smoky Ocean
– Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Liner
– Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara

CHEEKS & LIPS
– MAC Powder Blush ~ My Highland Honey
– MAC Lipstick ~ Cut A Caper (Lustre)

Swatches of Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes ~ 04 Smoky Ocean

The four shades in clockwise order are: light taupe-ish tan, bright ice blue, golden beige, dark charcoal. Texture-wise the shadows are silky smooth to the touch and blend very easily without fallouts. The shimmer is fine and kind of iridescent, which looks really good on the eyes.

I think 04 Smoky Ocean is definitely a really good pick to add to my neutral eyeshadow collection, since it is not the common browns. All four shades in 04 Smoky Ocean are very wearable on most skintones, but best on fairer skintone with a cool undertone to it, which is also my skintone.

Onto my face! :]

I have no idea why my let eyebrow looks so much darker than my right one!? Let me accuse the lighting for it, ok? :p

Besides the fact that my eyes are again super puffy, the terrible eye bags, and my very droopy lashes here, I like the outcome of this look. Yes, still loving the neutral eyes with a pop of peach on the cheeks and lips combo!

MAC Powder Blush ~ My Highland Honey gives me a bright orange-y flush on the cheeks. MAC Lipstick ~ Cut A Caper is the perfect peachy pink for a cute spring look!

I did my eyebrows with my new Lunasol Brow Styling Compact ~ GB02 Grayish Brown.

The eyebrow kit itself is really nice. I’m very fond of the slanted eyebrow brush that comes with the compact, as it the bristles are really soft. It applies the brow powder very sheer, resulting to a perfect natural look. Yet, I wished the brown had a bit more gray to it, which will be more flattering against my skintone.

Excuse my dorky pose, but I wanted to show you my painted nails, haha… :)
Wearing Paul & Joe Nail Enamel ~ 010 Splendour here. Isn’t the coral shade just cute? My favorite shade out of the five of the Spring 2011 Collection!

The formula of the nail polish is quite smooth and applies streak-free, but it is noticeably more on the thicker side. I applied two layers for a fully opaque finish and topped with Seche Vite.

And that’s it for my FOTD! Hope you liked it!

I have probably not told you yet, but I have been using the Clarisonic Mia for about 3 weeks now every single, sometimes every other night only, depending on the current skin condition.

A big “Thanks!” to my friend Ruth for this awesome gift!! ♥

For your information, my skin is more on the sensitive side, dry on the cheeks and forehead, but oilier around the nose. Ever since I started using the Clarisonic Mia, my skin has become so much clearer and smoother, and the enlarged pores around my nose, which was a real big issue of mine, have improved a lot. Seriously, I think, I can’t imagine a life without the Clarisonic Mia no more!

If you want me to review any of the products that I used here, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Danica March 2, 2011 at 12:28

OMG!!
so pretty!!
n I love the nail polish…
I wanna get them “all”!! ahaha XD

Jess March 2, 2011 at 12:29

Thank you, Danica! ;)

georgina March 2, 2011 at 14:01

i love the color combo!!! dont mind your puffy lids jess, i think theyre endearing ^_^

the nail polish looks so fun and vibrant!!! :)
georgina last blog…Clé De Peau BEAUTÉ Correcteur Visage Concealer in OchreMy Profile

Shanghainese Dumpling March 2, 2011 at 14:23

So pretty!!! I love that nail colour too, I really love how you do your eyes gives more depth :)
Shanghainese Dumpling last blog…02032011My Profile

Yu Jie Jie March 2, 2011 at 16:48

I love the P&J nail polish:), must-have items!!

Cris March 2, 2011 at 17:27

Very pretty look :).

& Good luck with the sleep-related resolution ;).
Cris last blog…Illamasqua Throb inspired recreation tutorialMy Profile

Jess March 2, 2011 at 21:45

Hi Cris! Yeah, I hope I’m able to make it! Fingers crossed!

Diane March 2, 2011 at 18:00

Nice FOTD, very pretty. I love the Paul & Joe Nail polish, it’s such a great color for Spring.

Diane March 2, 2011 at 18:03

One more thing.. that MAC blush ‘My Highland Honey’ is it LE?
Diane last blog…Kemp Muhl for Maybelline &amp FIT ME CollectionMy Profile

Jess March 2, 2011 at 21:45

Hi Diane! Yes, the MAC Powder Blush ~ My Highland Honey is a LE item. I think, it’s not available anymore.

LittoMokaa March 2, 2011 at 19:57

I love the lippie on you! <3

*Kat* March 2, 2011 at 20:52

Looking very lovely as always Jess! I love that eyeshadow palette and the color of the nail polish is so pretty!
*Kat* last blog…I Am Back! Las Vegas Trip Highlights Picture HeavyMy Profile

fuz March 2, 2011 at 23:37

I looooove your earrings so much! An super fresh look! <3
fuz last blog…MovedMy Profile

Jess March 2, 2011 at 23:51

Fuz, yeah I got these earrings just two days ago, hehe… Glad, you like them! :)

Nani March 3, 2011 at 00:09

You look gorgeous as always, Jess : D I love the Lunasol palette! The colors are amazing..
Nani last blog…Foods- dogs and 3 lucky winners ♡My Profile

Cherry March 3, 2011 at 00:39

Love the look, so pretty and elegant. Cool tone shades always look so amazing on you jess~^0^
Cherry last blog…How to wear BOLD lip colors-In a natural wayMy Profile

Jess March 3, 2011 at 01:06

Thanks Cherry! Hehe, I know how much you like seeing me with cool tone shades! ;)

akisa March 3, 2011 at 03:58

I am also ‘Light’ – the same shade as you on the MAC MSF Natural!! I’ve gotten really pale recently… since we didn’t have much of a summer and it’s now autumn…
akisa last blog…Review- ELASTOPLAST Disney Princesses PlastersMy Profile

Jess March 3, 2011 at 16:33

Yay for another “MAC MSF Natural Light skintone”! :)

Makeup Morsels March 3, 2011 at 04:06

OMG I love your nail polish, and I don’t even like pink polishes that much! This is a very pretty EOTD, I like you can do warm and cool looks equally well.
Makeup Morsels last blog…The Wednesday Wigeon No14My Profile

Jess March 3, 2011 at 16:32

Thanks so much for the compliment! Yeah, 011 Splendour is such a cute coral pink color for the spring!

Tammy March 3, 2011 at 05:30

Oh my goodness! This is my first time visiting your site since you revamped and went to wordpress. I love the layout, it’s so clean and the colour’s are so you!

EEEEEPP That Lunasol palette has me drooling! For real! The colours are gorgeous <3

Jess March 3, 2011 at 16:34

Hi Tammy, glad you finally stopped by, and happy that you like the layout!
Oh, Lunasol 04 Smoky Ocean will look amazing on you too! Get it, Tammy! ;)

Eva March 3, 2011 at 06:24

Very pretty!! I haven’t been able to play with this palette much lately. I love the nail color awesome for spring!
Eva last blog…China Glaze Sunset Sail and Secret Periwinkle NOTDs and TagMy Profile

Jess March 3, 2011 at 16:34

Hi Eva, yes 011 Splendour is indeed the perfect spring color!

Fruity Lashes March 3, 2011 at 06:54

looking gorgeous!!! the p&j nail polish works great together with the look too. i’m going to use my clarisonic again. your face looks flawless.
Fruity Lashes last blog…Christian Dior Miss Dior Chérie 2011My Profile

Jess March 3, 2011 at 16:35

Hehe, yeah peach/coral combo again!

ShimmeryGlittery March 3, 2011 at 07:37

big yay for posting. you look gorgeous, jess!! i love the lunasol palette you have. i am still deciding which one to get. nail color looks awesome!! oh, and your friend Ruth is so nice!!!

Jess March 3, 2011 at 16:36

Ruth is one of the kindest and most lovely friends I ever met!! I ♥ Ruth!! :)

Agnes March 3, 2011 at 07:45

yay, you are finally doing fotd again. ^ ^
Agnes last blog…Nail Of The Week – Garden ThemeMy Profile

Catherine March 3, 2011 at 10:41

You look beautiful, Jess. That Lunasol palette is so beautiful and I love the lip/cheek combo that you used!

(Don’t be so hard on yourself! =P)
Catherine last blog…Short HiatusMy Profile

Jess March 3, 2011 at 16:38

Cat, you know that I’m always super hard on myself! :p

Cherry March 4, 2011 at 00:29

Thanks jess for your encouragement, I’ll definitely keep it up, and you too!!^0^ Haha, you have no idea how much I am jealous of your lips, you have the cutest “cherry lips”, haha, you know what I’m talking about right.^0^
Cherry last blog…How to wear BOLD lip colors-In a natural wayMy Profile

Jess March 4, 2011 at 03:03

Cherry, thank you for your compliment back! My lips might have a cute shape, but definitely lack volume, haha… well well, I shouldn’t complain about everything that nature gave me, right?

mona March 4, 2011 at 01:03

palette looks so good on you!
mona last blog…Wet n Wild Color Icon Silent Treatment Trio ReviewMy Profile

Jess March 4, 2011 at 03:04

Thanks Mona!

Penelope March 5, 2011 at 11:54

wow, what a beautiful FOTD. Your skin looks so soft, fresh and absolutely flawless. The eyeshadows look gorgeous and natural on your eyes, and I really love the P & J nail polish!

Thanks so much for putting my blog on your blogroll! That means a lot to me. I must start a blogroll of my own sometime soon. Yours will definitely be on it, I love your posts!
Penelope last blog…Pink Orchid Inspired FOTDMy Profile

Jess March 6, 2011 at 00:05

Hi Penelope, I definitely enjoy every post of yours too! Your FOTDs are always so sophisticated and natural!

Mindy (minky) March 5, 2011 at 16:44

Hi Jess!! You are sooo pretty! The Lunasol palette colors work so well with your skin tone! <3 Loving your earrings as well!

Jess March 6, 2011 at 00:03

Hi Mindy, thank you for visiting my blog and aww… thanks for your compliment! <3

Tracy March 8, 2011 at 10:56

Jess, you look so pretty! And your hair has grown quite long too!
Blogging is hard work. I sometimes have to wake up at 6am to take pictures in daylight. Then I’ll rush off to work and start posting at night. I sleep at 1-2am usually. So I totally understand ur position!

Jess March 8, 2011 at 15:30

Hi Tracy! Yes, my hair has grown quite a bit, which I’m really glad about, because I used to always have them trimmed every few weeks, so that I never manage to get long hair. True, beauty blogging is quite hard work, but totally worth the effort, because of all you awesome readers! <3