Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 46 Liberté, 48 Évasion & Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss 52 Génie

by Jess on Monday, March 28th, 2011 · 22 comments

Hello! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty bad actually, since I haven’t been in a good mood, and because I have been ill. Stomach bug is plaguing me, but I’m already feeling much better today after taking Propolis drops, that has been prescribed by the doctor.

I wished picture editing – speak cropping, resizing and watermarking was not that time consuming, but well… why do I have to love beauty blogging that much?! :)

Today, I’m going to present my two new Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks and a Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss! Missed my review on the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ~ 56 Chance? Read it here!

Ok, onto the new lippies!

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ~ 46 Liberté

Rouge Coco Shine ~ 46 Liberté is a fresh orange color that flatters most skintones, unlike other orange lipsticks that would make the complexion look yellow and dark. I think it’s because of the perfect balance of warm and cool tones that makes Liberté such a wearable orange lipstick.

Liberté has very tiny golden shimmer to it, which is hardly noticeable on the lips. Same lightweight, smooth and watery texture with a shiny finish here!

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ~ 48 Évasion

Rouge Coco Shine ~ 48 Évasion is a bright, almost nude color with a bit of peach and pink to it. Évasion is also a very wearable color on almost any skintone, but especially pretty on fairer skin. For me, it’s the perfect peachy-pink nude color that I could wear everyday, as it goes with any look!

I know, I already have lots of this kind of shades… but who can have enough nude lippies, right?

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss ~ 52 Génie

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss is definitely one of my favorite lipglosses! I love the non-sticky formula, the kind of translucent color payoff, which still shows up on the lips, plus the fact that it’s very moisturizing!

Génie is a bright orange color with enough red to it to make it a very flattering color for spring and summer! I think Génie should also work on most skintones!

Yep, these are my new Chanel lippies! I hope you enjoyed this post, and hopefully my pictures and swatches have been a bit helpful to you too! ;)

Jennise March 28, 2011 at 23:07

I always go for peachy toned things. I wanted to get like Liberte and Evasion but the colours are too sheer for my pigmented lips :(

Both look lovely on your skintone.
Jennise last blog…Hourglass Aura Cheek Stain – PetalMy Profile

Cherry March 29, 2011 at 01:12

Love GENIE!!! Haha, you can probably guess why. OMG, this is such a pretty shade~~If it weren’t because I am on budget, I would not doubt to get this ASAP, haha^0^~
Cherry last blog…Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation reviewMy Profile

Erin March 29, 2011 at 01:24

Omg I can’t wait for these to come out in canada you are so lucky!!!

Kaman March 29, 2011 at 01:50

LOVE 52 Genie. Definitely very “this” spring! Btw, do you use Adobe Photoshop to put water mark on your pics?

Nic Nic March 29, 2011 at 02:55

All the colours look fab on you – I am glad you picked Liberte too. I have yet to try it out.. I haven’t got the right shade of blush with me to wear it together :( No. 48 is super pretty too!

Are you getting married Jess??! yes I think getting the lashes done for the occasion is great for the look and the pocket ;)

Jess March 29, 2011 at 12:36

Nic Nic, thank you! Hehe, don’t know about our wedding, but the bf and me are planning to get our wedding photographs taken this summer in Taiwan! But we will see… hope nothing crosses our ‘plans’! :)

erica March 29, 2011 at 03:11

you always have the prettiest lippies jess!

hope you’re feeling better!!!
erica last blog…quarter-year check-inMy Profile

Jess March 29, 2011 at 12:36

erica, thank you!! <3

Jie Jie March 29, 2011 at 03:38

so envious of your perfect lip tone.. I agreed with Jennise.. I have pigmented lips so I always go for darker tone.. but the colours look so alluring and moisturing. I can’t wait to get it now!
Jie Jie last blog…My Makeup Routine – March 2011My Profile

Jess March 29, 2011 at 12:37

Jie Jie, I know what you mean about pigmented lips! Mine are quite pigmented as well, but the Rouge Coco Shines do show up on my lips in two layers! ;)

Makeup Morsels March 29, 2011 at 06:40

You have very pretty lips! Liberte looks gorgeous and very spring-y on you. And omg I agree on that time-consuming picture prepping thing gackkk! I’m glad you’re feeling better hun, get back to 100% soon!
Makeup Morsels last blog…Miscellaneous Monday Morsels 3-28-11My Profile

Jess March 29, 2011 at 12:38

Makeup Morsels, thank you! Actually, I think my lips are way too thin, hehe… but weirdly I receive lots of compliments on my lips! :)
Sadly, I’m feeling worse today! :/

Cynthia March 29, 2011 at 14:09

Oh the lippies looks so gorgeous especially the 48 Evasion looks very promising for Spring look. Thanks for your review, I’m so tempted to splurge on this brand.

Jess March 31, 2011 at 14:13

Yes, 48 Évasion is a really wearable color, great for spring and summer!

Celina March 30, 2011 at 11:27

Lovely swatches! I’ve so far only purchased one tube of Chanel’s Rouge Shine and it’s amazing!! If it weren’t so expensive here I’d be buying a lot more :)
Celina last blog…Illamasqua Atomic Lipstick – Toxic Nature Collection Review- SwatchesMy Profile

Jess March 31, 2011 at 14:14

Celina, I’m glad to hear that you also love your tube of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine! High five! :)

Mindy (minky) March 30, 2011 at 16:38

Jess! You take the best swatch photos. :) I love the way you capture the colors and the products. Gorgeous!!! <3
Mindy (minky) last blog…A Large Drugstore Concealers Overview-Review Maybelline- Revlon- Almay- Milani- Sonia Kashuk- Hardcandy My Profile

Jess March 31, 2011 at 14:16

Mindy, awww thank youuu! Actually, I’m quite fed u with my current camera, since it washes out the colors quite a lot. Let’s see, when I get a DSLR! :)

Elle March 31, 2011 at 00:13

Genie is freaking gorgeous! I love it – I honestly can’t believe how pretty orange/coral lip colors are ^_^ but they’re so flattering on everyone I think~
Elle last blog…Review- My Beauty Diary Damask Rose MaskMy Profile