Fotd | Shimmer, taupe and pink…

by Jess on Monday, April 25th, 2011 · 25 comments

Hello! Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful long Easter weekend!

Today, I’m posting about a very simple look using the Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N ~ 13 Antique Chiffon on my eyes. Cheeks and lips are going to be pink! Bright pink! I think, you might have guessed based on the post title, haven’t you? :)

The products I used…

BASE MAKEUP
. Dior Diorskin Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen ~ Candle Light 002
. MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 ~ Light
. Lancome Ageless Minérale Perfecting and Setting Powder ~ Translucent

EYES
. MAC Prep+Prime Eyes ~ Light
. Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color N ~ 13 Antique Chiffon
. RMK Brown Eyes ~ 01 Deep Brown
. MAC Fluidline ~ Blitz & Glitz (not in photo)
. Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara (not in photo)

CHEEKS & LIPS
. Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush ~ 02 Pink
. Dior Sérum De Rouge ~ 240 Pink Coral Serum

Here is the finished look! Thumbs up for my uneven eyebrows again, haha…! I just hate days, when I can not manage to make my eybrows look even! Anyone else having this issue sometimes? :)

Antique Chiffon is a really beautiful taupe color with the most amazing shimmer to it! I love the jelly-like consistency and the scent of Jill Stuart’s makeup products so much!

Whoa, I can’t believe that my eyelashes were so well behaved that day! You know, lots of times, they are just stubborn and droopy, no matter how much effort I pay with my eyelash curler or how cautious I apply mascara!

Whenever I’m lazy or short of time, I would go for a very simple and quick eye makeup by using two shades only. A lighter shade for the entire eye area and a darker shade for adding some depth. My simple everyday go-to look!

• Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Color allover my lids
  • deep brown color of the RMK palette along the lashline and on the outer corners
  • tight-line with MAC Fluidline ~ Blitz & Glitz
  • curle the lashes and applied mascara

Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush ~ 02 Pink on my cheeks! I love love love this blush!!! Not only does it give me the cutest and also most natural pink flush ever, it also gives me a sheen that seems to come from within! Haven’t read my review on this blush yet? Read about it in this post!

Dior Sérum De Rouge ~ 240 Pink Coral Serum on my lips! I think, I got the perfect combo! What do you think?

Anyone noticed my little layout tweak? I think, I’m seriously obsessed with fonts and color schemes! It’s crazy how many hours I spend just on ‘playing’ around with different fonts and color schemes! Gosh… my poor eyes! o.O

Catherine April 25, 2011 at 05:38

Oh what a lovely FOTD! I love the taupe eye and the lipstick!
Catherine last blog…Love from Ohh… Pretty! and Princess Earrings from WHBMy Profile

Elle April 25, 2011 at 06:30

This is a lovely, very natural look :) I love how you take pictures of all the products you use by the way – and the pics are so artistically laid out too ^0^ Your website layout was one if the things that got me hooked on your site – it’s seriously so PRETTY.
Elle last blog…NOTD- Jill Stuart Love Scandal 109 and HAIR -My Profile

Jess April 25, 2011 at 13:27

Hi Elle, aww…. it’s always so nice to hear that there are people enjoying my layout and pics! Haha… I’m not artistically skilled, but I try to! :)

Nic nic April 25, 2011 at 06:40

Love this neutral look on you! YouThe dior colour and Armani blush looks fab on you!! What a cute beige sweater too :D
Nic nic last blog…Teal Smokey FOTD and Dinner Party OOTDMy Profile

Jess April 25, 2011 at 13:28

Hi Nic Nic, I’m very into neutral beiges and crochet clothes lately, hehe…

Jen April 25, 2011 at 06:45

You look SO pretty! The lipstick is gorgeous! And I love seeing that blush :) Very pretty! I also really like your top… it’s so perfect for the makeup look.

Your blog layout is pretty! I love the spring flowers! ^_^
Jen last blog…Dont forget to enter my bareMinerals Giveaway -My Profile

Jess April 25, 2011 at 13:29

Hi Jen, thank you! I’m actually really liking my beige crochet top! ;)

Eva April 25, 2011 at 08:33

i loove your new layout so pretty and springy!! pretty look love the lip color and the blush ;)
Eva last blog…Lunch at CHARCUT and NOTDMy Profile

Jess April 25, 2011 at 13:30

Hi Eva, yep I thought, my blog needed a spring-ier look! Glad you like it!

Jie Jie April 25, 2011 at 08:38

My comment was I love your look definitely, your eyebrows look fine and natural to me.
GA blush and Dior Coral pink match you well. How I wish I have fairer skin likes yours.

Jess April 25, 2011 at 13:37

Hi Jie Jie, glad that my eyebrows don’t look too uneven to you, haha… :]

Cynthia April 25, 2011 at 14:22

Hey Jess you look stunning and I love the sparkles on your eyes of the shades you used. BTW love your new banner, it’s oh so pretty. =)

Jess April 25, 2011 at 14:45

Hi Cynthia! Yeah, Jill Stuart has the most stunning sparkles! I wished I had more web design skills so that I could make much prettier and more interesting stuff!
I should learn from you!

Nani April 25, 2011 at 16:14

Hahaha, you’re such a cutie <3 LOVE the look! And the blush looks amazing on you! : D
Nani last blog…안녕하세요My Profile

Mindy (minky) April 25, 2011 at 16:18

I love this FOTD! <3 I love taupes and shimmery colors so this was perfect! Your eyebrows look fine in the picture. Can't tell if they're uneven or not, but trust me…. I have sooo many days when my eyebrows just won't listen. lol. Hope you had a wonderful Easter, Jess! <3 <3
Mindy (minky) last blog…Face of the Day FOTD 4-16 and Jazz BarMy Profile

Jess April 26, 2011 at 00:13

Hi Mindy, glad the uneven eyebrows didn’t show up that obvious in the photos, haha…
Hope, you spent a beautiful Easter too! <3

Kat April 26, 2011 at 08:38

Another beautiful FOTD! The colors all go together very well.

I love your new banner. It’s so spring-y!
Kat last blog…Review- Neuma Hair Care LineMy Profile

Penelope April 26, 2011 at 10:57

Your pictures are always so breathtaking! Your skin is so radiant! Beautiful.

I really like how antique chiffon looks on you, and your eyebrows don’t look uneven at all!
Penelope last blog…My Foray into Rouge Bunny RougeMy Profile

Jess April 26, 2011 at 14:36

Hi Penelope, I’m glad you like my pictures! Seems, my effort pays! ;)

lisa April 26, 2011 at 14:53

Nice FOTD! I love Antique chiffon. You always pair the makeup colors so perfectly. I adore you!
lisa last blog…Jill Stuart Extra Volume MascaraMy Profile

Jess April 26, 2011 at 14:56

Lisa, I adore you too! Muah! <3

astrorainfall @ beauty box April 27, 2011 at 04:03

Hey Jess, this is such a lovely FOTD…You got me interested in Jill Stuart’s Jelly Eyeshadows now… And simple eye makeup for busy days – two shades only but looks v good!
astrorainfall @ beauty box last blog…Contemplations over a Chanel lippieMy Profile

Jess April 27, 2011 at 04:06

The JS Jelly Eye Colors are really unique! Do check them out! Two shades only already make a big difference to the appearance of the eyes, don’t you think so? ;)

mayaari April 27, 2011 at 20:21

I like using 2 eyeshadows for simple eye makeup as well :) i like the shades that you use here – very subtle colors!
mayaari last blog…Bijou AtelierMy Profile

Andreea October 20, 2011 at 22:45

Love the second picture! YEah, a simple and perfect combo, luxurious, fresh, glowy. Sigh. Your skin is to die for!
Andreea last blog…Die Winterbraut – laut Vorschlag der Leserin AnnaisMy Profile