Fotd | Caramelisee & Caramel…

by Jess on Thursday, May 5th, 2011 · 35 comments

Hello! It’s been so terribly cold the recent few days over here with temperatures around 10 degrees only! Hey, isn’t it May already? Weather over here seems to enjoy tricking us! The forecast says it’s going to be sunny and around 28 degrees by this weekend! Gosh, I hope my circular flow doesn’t crash, haha…!

For today’s look I used  Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes ~ BR 631 Caramelisee on the eyes, the limited edition palette from the Summer 2011 Sugary Trap Collection. Can you guess which lipstick I decided to use?

Shiseido Perfect Rouge ~ BE 333 Caramel of course! Caramelisee and Caramel! ;)

List of products I used…

BASE MAKEUP
. Dior Diorskin Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen ~ Candle Light 002
. Lunasol Water Gel Foundation ~ OC 01
. MAC Mineralize Skinifnish Natural ~ Light

EYES
. MAC Prep+Prime Eyes ~ Light
. Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes ~ BR 631 Caramelisee
. MAC Fluidline ~ Blitz & Glitz
. Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara

CHEEKS & LIPS
. MAC Mineralize Blush ~ Warm Soul
. Guerlain Lip Pencil ~ Cupidon
. Shiseido Perfect Rouge ~ BE 333 Caramel

It was quite a cloudy day, so it was actually quite hard to capture satisfying photos. Nevertheless, here are the ones that turned out okay!

Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes BR 631 is quite a warm toned palette, which doesn’t work on any skintone. I think the warm toned golds and browns in this palette are not the most flattering shades for my skintone, but still on the tolerable side. It’s odd, how much I have grown to feel comfortable with warmer shades these days.

All four shades of Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes BR 631 are pretty pigmented, go on very smoothly without powder fallouts, and blend effortlessly.

Caramelisee and Caramel! Thumbs up, if you like this combo! Shiseido Perfect Rouge BE 333 Caramel is a very pretty caramel color, or also said as milk tea color!

Have I ever told you that Shiseido Perfect Rouge is one of my favorite lipsticks? I love the creamy and pigmented formula which is very moisturizing!

For base makeup I’m wearing the Lunasol Water Gel Foundation in OC 01, which matches my skintone perfectly! I’m totally in love with this foundation!

As the name already says, it has gel consistency with a bit of creaminess to it, which is easy to blend. However you need to blend quickly, since it sets pretty fast. What strikes most, is its’ excellent pore coverage! Can you tell that the large pores around my nose area are hardly noticeable anymore?

The light to medium coverage perfectly evens out the skintone and gives a very luminous and glowy finish. This is the perfect liquid foundation for summer!

Jess, please stop staring!! :[

To add a bit of warmth to my complexion, I went for MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul. It gives you the most natural ‘bronzed’ look without the orange or brown undertone, which is mostly the case with regular bronzers. Highly recommend it to fair Asian skintones!

I hope you liked this look! Stay tuned for reading about my first Dior Addict Lipstick! I let you guess which color I picked!

DSK Steph May 5, 2011 at 02:57

I’m loving the bronze! Your photos are so pretty!

Jess May 5, 2011 at 02:59

Thank you, Steph! <3

Shanghainese Dumpling May 5, 2011 at 03:35

Very Pretty… your hair is getting longer Jess :)
Shanghainese Dumpling last blog…04052011My Profile

reene May 5, 2011 at 03:42

You look so pretty.. as always. I am loving the Lunasol foundation on you! I want it so bad now.. lol.
reene last blog…review- le métier de beauté true color eyeshadowsMy Profile

Mindy (minky) May 5, 2011 at 03:48

JESS!! Omg first of all… your scarf is the prettiest scarf I’ve ever seen. Second of all, your skin is always sooo flawless! I’m so jealous! lol. and the makeup and everything is gorgeous.
Mindy (minky) last blog…My Newest Obsessions and What I DoMy Profile

Jess May 5, 2011 at 04:08

Mindy, thank you! I know how much you love scarves too! My skin is not flawless! I have huge pores around my nose! ;)

erica May 5, 2011 at 03:53

ooh! i love this look on you jess! it’s so bright, yet pretty and classy :)

Cherry May 5, 2011 at 04:12

very nice neutral palette, reminds me of the lunasol beige beige one^0^~
Cherry last blog…Sweet Girl Next Door Look甜美鄰家女孩妝容UpdatesMy Profile

Jess May 5, 2011 at 15:20

Oh, the very famous Lunasol Beige Beige!

Cynthia May 5, 2011 at 05:08

Really love the eyeshadow shades you used, it brings a nice pop to your eyes. You look gorgeous, by the way nice LV scarf.

Nic nic May 5, 2011 at 07:22

the palette warms up your eyes beautifully! I really love how you work with your eye shapes.. it suits you a lot! this is a great spring/summer palette for sure!
Nic nic last blog…Feminine White OOTD and All About Prints outfitsMy Profile

Jess May 5, 2011 at 15:21

Hi Nic Nic, yes it definitely warm up my eyes a lot! Definitely a nice palette for spring/summer!

Jen May 5, 2011 at 08:24

Really pretty!! :) Definitely the lipstick is wonderful! Your lips but butter :)
Your pics look fabulous as always, Jess!! :) Warm Soul is so nice on you!
Jen last blog…bareMinerals Giveaway WinnerMy Profile

Jie Jie May 5, 2011 at 10:49

Hi Jess, always love reading your blog… I like how you mix and match the colours, especially the blush and lip colours..

By the way, do you find that the eyeshadow is a bit sheer?

Jess May 5, 2011 at 15:22

Hi Jie Jie! I’m glad you like my sense for color combos! No, the eyeshadow is very nicely pigmented!

Kat May 5, 2011 at 11:07

This is very pretty look! I must say that I love, love, love the way the foundation looks on you. Now I’m really wanting to try it out more and more.
Kat last blog…Purchase Review- Maquillage Face CreatorMy Profile

astrorainfall @ beauty box May 5, 2011 at 13:41

That lipstick shade is gorgeous….Will check it out at the Shiseido counter next time!!

I really wanted to like the Lunasol Water Gel Foundation but it made me break out a little…I have sensitive skin that clogs v easily though…. But it does look very very good on you though…
astrorainfall @ beauty box last blog…Tokyo Is OK 東京はOKですMy Profile

Jess May 5, 2011 at 16:13

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that the Water Gel Foundation broke you out! That’s really sad, because the finish is really amazing…

coco May 5, 2011 at 17:52

you look gorgeous!

Vicky May 5, 2011 at 19:33

Beautiful look!
Really like the blush, gives you a lovely bronzed glow :) xx
Vicky last blog…Beautieshk- Jill Stuart HaulMy Profile

mayaari May 5, 2011 at 23:07

lovely warm golden look jess!
mayaari last blog…Feelin Groovy Hint of GreenMy Profile

amynaree May 6, 2011 at 00:34

the name of this post makes me crave for sweets :) I haven’t bought an MM palette in awhile because I felt they were too shimmery and the colors were too light but this palette is gorgeous and looks great on you! I def love it and might have to pick up one!

Jess May 6, 2011 at 00:41

This is actually my first Majolica Majorca palette, and I’m really liking it. Very good quality for the price!

Diane May 6, 2011 at 06:23

Love the goldie bronze look. You don’t think you look good in warm tones? I think you look beautiful. But I know how you feel, I think I don’t look good in cool tones. BTW, I’m loving your scarf!
Diane last blog…NuMe Vintage Professional Styling IronMy Profile

Jess May 6, 2011 at 14:53

Hi Diane! Yeah, I feel more comfortable with cool tones actually, but got to enjoy warmer shades as well these days! :)

Catherine May 6, 2011 at 08:23

Oh Jess! I love these warm colors on you!! I keep meaning to try out the Shiseido Perfect Rouges… Caramel looks so perfect on you!

& ahhh, don’t you LOVE the new Dior Addict lipstick? I actually wasn’t a huge fan of the old Addict High Shines, but the new ones are lovely!! I only have Paris so far, but I’m hoping to get a couple more maybe teehee. Hmmmm… I’m going to guess that you got Tokyo?
Catherine last blog…Love from Ohh… Pretty! and Princess Earrings from WHBMy Profile

Jess May 6, 2011 at 14:55

Hi Catherine, you definitely have to check out the Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipsticks! Yes, loving the new Dior Addict Lipsticks a lot! I wanna pick up more colors too, hehe… Wrong guess! Actually, I think Tokyo is not available over here in Austria! :|

mona May 6, 2011 at 09:17

you look enchantingly beautiful. stay warm! I can’t believe it’s still so cold by you…
mona last blog…Eye Tape For Double Eyelid Experience Review and PicturesMy Profile

Tiff May 8, 2011 at 12:43

Hello,

I found your website via Strawberry Mochi… I just wanted to say your handwriting is crazy neat :P! It’s beautiful and I actually thought it was a font when I first saw it, that’s how neat I thought it was!

I really love your eye make up here but I have never been able to do a dark smokey outer V without looking like i’ve knocked myself out :(. I am not makeup illiterate or anything but when it comes to eyeshadow on my bottom lid I am just LOST! I think I might try again because your eye makeup is so gorgeous though. Also just by chance I was considering getting the caramelise MM palatte but came across the blog and i’ve decided not to. In the palatte I actually thought the browns were a bit more muted and grey-ish than they are, but on your eyes they look very copper/orange-ish which will just clash with my skin tone. So thank you very much for your clear photos!

Anyway i’m so sorry for leaving an essay in your comments… I am just really, really rambly!
Tiff last blog…Two lifesaver products for hard to curl hairMy Profile

Jess May 8, 2011 at 14:59

Hi Tiff! Thank you for visiting and leaving me this comment! You need not apologize for your ‘essay’ at all! I LOVE to read!
Yeah, shading the outer V dark can be quite tricky, since every eye is so different in shape! Just practice, and I’m sure you will work out very soon!

Yes, the Majolica Majorca Caramelisee palette is definitely more towards copper/orange-ish brown! For a muted greyish palette, I would highly recommend the Lunasol Lighting For Eyes 04 Neutral! It’s a very nice palette for everyday!

Jessying May 9, 2011 at 05:15

Love our lipstick , looks so creamy and good on you.. kissable it is !

the lunasol gel foundation, looks like something i wanted to try !!! Thanks for sharing here!
Jessying last blog…Review – Estée Lauder CyberWhite Brilliant Cells Skincare rangeMy Profile

InsideOut Elle May 16, 2011 at 07:48

This is a gorgeous look and I love your scarf! I like how the bronze shadow has that tint of orange-gold.
InsideOut Elle last blog…Korea Trip 2010- Part 13- Emergency Road Services Samsung AnyCall MVsMy Profile

Lynn August 4, 2011 at 05:06

Hi Jess, This is Lynn from Singapore. I have been following your site for some time. Love how you did your make up. This is a good post~ I am going to get the Majolica Caramelisee eye shadow and Shiseido Perfect Rouge. :)

Jess September 9, 2011 at 15:27

Hello Lynn! Thank you for your comment!

Blovetbeauty September 9, 2011 at 01:06

Ur eyes look super gorgeous here !! Btw I love ur scarf in this post:)