Fotd | Subtle Daytime Smokey Eyes…

by Jess on Thursday, May 12th, 2011 · 28 comments

Hello! Today was a quite exhausting shopping day… Not that I’m not used to lots of walking, but walking in my new wedge sandals for more than four hours totally made my feet feel dead… blisters alarm too! So, I will be switching back to my most comfortable shoes ever for the next few days. Which are my most comfy shoes? Converse of course! ;)

Let’s go on with my FOTD!

Products I used…

CHEEKS & LIPS
. MAC Powder Blush ~ Instant Chic
. Lunasol Sheer Illuminating Highlight ~ 02 Sheer Beige
. Shiseido Smoothing Lip Pencil ~ RD 702 Anemone
. Guerlain Lip Pencil ~ Cupidon
. Dior Addict Lipstick ~ 652 Tango

Please excuse my shabby ponytail! My hair is such a mess today, plus I’m super bad at doing my hair, so yeah… you just have to bear my boring hair! But at least I’m wearing cute studs! Aren’t they adorable? They are a gift from my cousin. Thank you, Mei!

Wearing the Lunasol Water Gel Foundation for base makeup again, because I’m really loving it! It’s so moisturizing, yet stays fresh all day long, and I just love the dewy finish it gives me. But above all, it does a great job at pore coverage, which is quite an important concern to me.

So, this is my smokey look for daytime wear. Using a bright ice blue, a taupe-ish brown and a dark smoke blue. I added a subtle winged eyeliner to accentuate my eyes a little, since I didn’t want to line my lower lashline.

The shades in Esprique Precious Dress On Shiny Eyes ~ C-3 remind me of the shades in Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes ~ 04 Smokey Ocean. See my Smokey Ocean look in this post!

Wearing Dior Addict Lipstick ~ 652 Tango on my lips with this subtle smokey look. It’s the perfect coral pink on my lips! I love it!

Lunasol Gel Eyeliner

I have tried many gel eyeliners, such as MAC Fluidline, Maquillage Dramatical Gel Liner and Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, but this is by far the BEST!

The consistency of this gel eyeliner, which is very rich in color, is ever so smooth. It makes eye-lining such a foolproof matter! Moreover, it’s extremely long-lasting without the tiniest bits of smudging even after 10 hours! I gotta tell you I’m seriously impressed! Will be picking up more colors soon!

Dior Addict Lipstick ~ 352 Tango goes so well with MAC Powder Blush ~ Instant Chic. Hmm… it seems, I’m kind of obsessed with coordinating my lips with my cheeks! What about you?

So, like I mentioned above, I went shopping today! Thus, stay tuned to my next post to see my haul! And cheer up everyone! Weekend is around the corner!

lisa May 12, 2011 at 01:29

Pretty Fotd. I love the sexy extended eyeliner towards the corner of your eyes. look sophisticated!

Also love Lunasol water gel foundation too. Your skin look flawless! x

Jess May 12, 2011 at 01:31

Thank you, Lisa! Glad you like the slightly winged liner (which I think is not perfect, haha…)! Yes, the Lunasol Water Gel Foundation is so awesome!

Sheila May 12, 2011 at 01:31

Wow, Tango looks SO good on you! Gosh Jess, you’re giving me all these lemmings! lol
Sheila last blog…Spring-y FOTD with Coffret D’or Trance Deep Eyes in 03 Khaki VariationMy Profile

Jess May 12, 2011 at 01:37

Sheila, get Tango!!! ;)

Jen May 12, 2011 at 01:45

Hi Jess, you like your glowy usual self :) I love the eye makeup, especially the ice blue.. it really makes you look so fresh. I’m really needing the Lunasol eyeliner! I take your word for it that it lasts all day :)

The lip color is the perfect coral, I agree!

Jess May 12, 2011 at 01:48

Thank you, Jen! But don’t forget to still use a good eye primer first! ;)

Nani May 12, 2011 at 01:55

Oh I really like the look! :”D it’s very subtle but still smokey! Absolutely gorgeous.
And giiiirl, that Dior lipstick suits you SO well!
Nani last blog…I wanna make some noiZMy Profile

erica May 12, 2011 at 01:55

ooh, i love this post jess!!! very pretty yet subtle :)

Yinnie May 12, 2011 at 02:24

Oooh Very pretty fotd. :)
The gel liner looks very intriguing, perhaps you should do a comparison post on the differences between the lunasol, MAC, bobbi brown and maquillage if you still have them?
I heard highstreet have their ones out too, maybelline and KATE
Yinnie last blog…Eye-llusion FOTD OOTD UPDATEMy Profile

Yinnie May 12, 2011 at 02:25

Oops. clicked enter before finished typing. O_O
Also, How much did you spend on the lunasol watergel foundation? I’m thinking of getting it since it looks like it has such a lovely finish. :)
Yinnie last blog…Eye-llusion FOTD OOTD UPDATEMy Profile

Jess May 12, 2011 at 02:29

Yinnie, I don’t remember how much I paid for it. I ordered it from Adambeauty, which I think had the lowest price tag!

Kaman May 12, 2011 at 04:05

You look so Spring-y! Love the entire look! :D

Kat May 12, 2011 at 04:31

This is another pretty FOTD! Love the finish of the Lunasol Water Gel Foundation! I need to seriously consider it.

Thanks for sharing!
Kat last blog…Purchase Review and EOTD- YSLMy Profile

anya May 12, 2011 at 05:06

Esprique Precious Dress On Shiny Eyes #C3 does look pretty similar to Lunasol Ocean Scene Eyes #04!

But how do the qualities compare, Jess? Please do share?

Jess May 12, 2011 at 05:29

Anya, both the Dress On Shiny Eyes C-3 and Ocean Scene Yes 04 have a smooth texture that applies and blends easily.

As to color pigmentation I would say that they are pretty similar. However, I find the colors of Dress On Shiny Eyes C-3 appear more vibrant, whereas the Ocean Scene Eyes 04 is more muted. But that’s probably supposed to be, since it’s intended to be smokey shades. The shadows of Ocean Scene Eyes 04 are more shimmery on the eyes than the Dress On Shiny Eyes.

I hope this quick comparison helped!

anya May 12, 2011 at 18:50

Very helpful, Jess! TY!!

Jess May 12, 2011 at 21:31

You are welcome! :)

sarah May 12, 2011 at 05:39

love the look (: especially your lip color!
sarah last blog…PhotoMy Profile

Jenny May 12, 2011 at 05:55

So pretty Jess!! Absolutely gorgeous!
Jenny last blog…Essie Haul SwatchesMy Profile

Nic nic May 12, 2011 at 07:44

aww you always do pretty smokeys Jess! I like how there some shimmer around the inner areas of the eye and darker gradients on the outer corners. Great job done!
Nic nic last blog…Sheer Khaki OOTD and NOTDsMy Profile

Tracy May 12, 2011 at 08:07

What a beautiful look, Jess! I have to agree with you on the foundation. Your skin looks so dewy and pretty! Not sure if you had shared this before, but how did you find this in comparison to the Lunasol water cream foundation (the one that comes in a jar)? I love the earrings too! Very cute!
Tracy last blog…Copenhagen is a city of cyclistsMy Profile

Blair May 12, 2011 at 09:23

I remember swatching those gel liners too and I was fairly impressed. Hmmm.. am thinking about getting the black one, Jess you’re an enabler!!

Pretty FOTD as always <3
Blair last blog…Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting SerumMy Profile

Tiff May 12, 2011 at 09:47

I love it! I love the earrings too, they’re gorgeous :).
Tiff last blog…First EOTD post – Experimental smoky eyeMy Profile

Jie Jie May 12, 2011 at 10:06

Hi Jess

Yes, <3 how you match the blush with the lip colour! Re Dior lipstick, is it 652 :) or 352?

Re the gel eye liner, could you recommend any good eye liner pencil? I'm really bad at eye lining, especially gel type:(.

Jess May 12, 2011 at 14:49

Ooops, sorry! It’s 652! ;)

As to eye liner pencils I think the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes are good in terms of smoothness and staying power.
But I personally think that it’s easiest to line the eyes with gel liners! Because gel liners go on the easiest, and the brush is so soft so that it doesn’t irritate sensitive eyes. Believe me, I’m bad at eye-lining too!

DSK Steph May 12, 2011 at 16:08

I love the look! Your earrings are super cute as well!

Nani May 12, 2011 at 22:17

NOMNOMNOM! I know right? It was yummyhhh! The makers just need a spanking for shooting it up with walnuts >__<" UGH nothing worse than the taste and crunch of nuts in cake. Yuck!

I'm glad u enjoy my humor ; D It seems SOME people actually find me funny (my friends seem to NOT be those 'some people', lol) <3
Nani last blog…I wanna make some noiZMy Profile