Haul | Chanel Summer 2011 Collection

by Jess on Sunday, May 15th, 2011 · 28 comments

Hello! Happy Saturday/Sunday everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend so far! In my last post I told you I’m going to show you my recent haul. Since I took quite a lot of pictures, I thought splitting up the post into several ones is a better idea than making it a super long photo post. So, Part 1 for today!

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel ~ 547 Bronze Rosé

Yes, I accidentally scratched my beautiful Soleil Tan De Chanel powder! My heart cries…

I have been wanting a natural looking bronze powder for the longest time, but I haven’t been too lucky, as most are way too orange or brown for my NC 15 skintone. I have also been considering to get the Dior Nude Healthy Glow Powder in 001 Aurora, which is designed for fair skintones as well, but it turned out to be too warm on me.

So, Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel it is! It’s a really gorgeous bronzing powder for fair cool toned skin, since it gives a very flattering natural rosey tan.The compact comes with a flat powder brush, which is not the softest, but good enough for touch-ups during the day. Especially, if you don’t always bring a blush brush with you.

Chanel Le Vernis ~ 557 Morning Rose

557 Morning Rose is a bright rose pink with very fine gold sparkles, which is very subtle on the nails. I feel it adds a chic and elegant touch. The formula of 557 Morning Rose is very smooth to apply.

The color shows up pretty intense with two coats, but it’s not a fully opaque finish. However, I like this slight translucency a lot. It’s very fresh and pretty for summer!

Chanel Le Vernis ~ 577 Mimosa

577 Mimosa is the It nail color this summer! It’s a bright, sunny and juicy yellow with a opalescent sheen. I haven’t had the chance to wear Mimosa yet, so I can’t tell much about it. From what I have heard from other beauty bloggers is that Mimosa is a bit tricky in application, and requires some practice for getting the perfect seamless finish.

As I’m actually not good at nail polish application at all, I’m quite a bit worried, if I will ever make a hit with Mimosa, but I won’t give up! Practice makes perfect, right?

For Morning Rose’s and Mimosa’s beauty, I had to take a side by side photo of course!

And that was my Chanel Summer 2011 haul! I think, I will get back to pick up 567 Beige Pétale (the third Le Vernis from Chanel’s Summer 2011 Collection), because I don’t have such a basic nude color in my collection yet.

I hope you liked the pictures! I will update with more swatches as soon as possible! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and stay tuned to Part 2 of my haul, which should be up soon!

Kat May 15, 2011 at 03:12

Those are very lovely Chanel items that you hauled. The Morning Rose polish is so pretty! Can’t wait to see your next haul post!
Kat last blog…Gift Review- Canmake Jewel Stars Eyeshadow and EOTDMy Profile

Sheila May 15, 2011 at 03:16

Even though I knew this already before, but… YAY you got them =D
Sheila last blog…Swatch- OPI nail polish in The Show Must Go On… GORGEOUS duo-chrome!My Profile

Mindy (minky) May 15, 2011 at 04:16

Ooh! Everything looks so pretty! :) You got Mimosa as well! It’s such a pretty yellow.
Mindy (minky) last blog…My Newest Obsessions and What I DoMy Profile

Eva May 15, 2011 at 04:26

I can’t wait to see your swatches of mimosa since we have similar coloring I wasn’t sure if I should buy it or not haha!
Eva last blog…Dior Aurora Healthy Glow Powder and Chanel Morning Rose Nail PolishMy Profile

Jess May 15, 2011 at 15:54

I will post a nail swatch of Mimosa as soon as I’m wearing it! :)
Actually, I wasn’t sure if I should get it or not too, but I knew that I will regret it later, when I didn’t. You know, because it’s limited edition, hehe…

Shanghainese Dumpling May 15, 2011 at 06:31

Prettyyyyy….
Shanghainese Dumpling last blog…04052011My Profile

Makeup Morsels May 15, 2011 at 08:10

I love Mimosa! Can’t wait for your nail swatch of that :) I love reading your haul posts, you make me want to run right out to the Chanel counter and buy something~
Makeup Morsels last blog…djv Beautenizer Volume Lash- As Good As It GetsMy Profile

Jess May 15, 2011 at 15:52

I can’t wait to wear Mimosa! :)

akisa May 15, 2011 at 08:24

LOVE the Morning Rose polish on you!!

Tiff May 15, 2011 at 11:49

Ooooh look at Mimosa! I am always suckered into liking yellow polishes which clash horribly with my dark Asian hands. Not that i’ll be wearing any nail polish for a while… I don’t know what’s happened to me recently but four of my nails have broke! Plus one pinky nail was so soft that I could actually break it by just ‘digging’ into the free edge with another nail… so weird.
Tiff last blog…Outfit post no1 plus random sweets jewelleryMy Profile

Jess May 15, 2011 at 15:50

Oh, sad to hear that your nails got so unhealthy! Maybe you are lacking some vitamins and mineral nutrients? I hope your nails get healthy again soon, Tiff!

Jie Jie May 15, 2011 at 14:09

I absolutely love it! Especially the nail polish, so gorgeous especially Mimosa! I bet you have the Chanel Les 4 Ombres! Please post it soon:)

Jess May 15, 2011 at 15:51

No, I didn’t get the Chanel Les 4 Ombres! The green shades are really pretty indeed, but I’m not a big fan of Chanel’s 4 color eyeshadow palettes.

Nani May 15, 2011 at 15:07

Love the blush/bronzer! Did u try the NYC Sunny bronzer? Got mine in the mail a while back and it’s freaking PERFECT for me! I’m also very light/fair skinned with yellow-ish undertones, and it doesn’t look caky, muddy or orange on me at all : D
Nani last blog…I wanna make some noiZMy Profile

Jess May 15, 2011 at 15:52

No, I haven’t tried the NYC Sunny bronzer. Where did you get it from?

nisachan May 15, 2011 at 16:24

love the color “morning rose” <3
nisachan last blog…FOTD – Wonder Girls Inspired LookMy Profile

Nic nic May 16, 2011 at 04:27

wow the nail colours are very pretty! Mimosa has been talked about a lot recently! ;)

That is a nice Chanel palette, great summer! I have a blusher/highlighter version and I quite like it!
Nic nic last blog…Tempting Darkhorse Smokey FOTD and Apricot Punch NailsMy Profile

Jess May 16, 2011 at 04:33

This is actually a bronzing powder, Nic Nic! ;)

InsideOut Elle May 16, 2011 at 07:41

I love your pictures…they always look so crisp! The polish colors are gorgeous but I’m really intrigued about Mimosa. I have yet to see a bright enough yellow polish –
InsideOut Elle last blog…Korea Trip 2010- Part 13- Emergency Road Services Samsung AnyCall MVsMy Profile

Jess May 16, 2011 at 19:09

I can imagine that Mimosa, or any bright yellow would look really pretty on you, Elle!

Vicky May 16, 2011 at 23:58

I can’t wait for this collection to come out here in the UK!
Definitely getting Morning Rose and now I really want that bronzer. I swatched the Dior one too and as pretty as it is, it was too warm for me too :(
I want the glossimer in Pink Peony too XD

Can’t wait for part two of your haul! :D x
Vicky last blog…I Want!My Profile

amynaree May 17, 2011 at 01:28

i love everything you got Jess! can’t wait to see swatches of mimosa :)

Paris B May 17, 2011 at 06:39

Oh dear! If you can wear that Chanel bronzer/blush, I think I could too! And here I was trying to resist :P Will you have a pic wearing it soon? I wanted Aurora too but as we don’t get it here, c’est la vie! Sort of glad to know its too warm on you (which means it won’t work for me too :D )
Paris B last blog…Chanel Lumieres Byzantine palette- Where Art and Makeup collideMy Profile

Jess May 17, 2011 at 14:05

I surely will do a FOTD with that Chanel bronzer soon! Very soon! ;)

WorshipBlues May 18, 2011 at 11:17

oooooooooooooh Chanel! This is such a weakness of mine. Must you tempt me so Jess?
WorshipBlues last blog…The China DressMy Profile

Vonvon May 18, 2011 at 12:12

Both Mimosa and Morning Rose nail polishes are so pretty. But I still don’t have the desire to purchase any Chanel. There are some dupes for Mimosa around. But Morning Rose…hmm…a pretty pink.

But wait, I don’t need more nail polishes. I have 6 China Glaze from the Summer Escape collection waiting for me back home.But yea, the yellow in Chanel is simply beautiful.
Vonvon last blog…A-Blush-A-Day- No 16- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream 5 – Swatches &amp ReviewMy Profile

memoiselle September 9, 2011 at 09:25

Hi Jess,
chanel summer 2011 is great! I love the bronzer, I have the bronze corail and I found it to be very useful. I use it as a bronzer and a coral blush :)

what’s your favorite chanel blush?

Jess September 9, 2011 at 15:25

Hello! Thank you for stopping by!
Actually, I’m not a big fan of Chanel blushes, but this bronzer is really nice!