Haul | A Dior Addict(ion)…

by Jess on Tuesday, May 17th, 2011 · 31 comments

Hello! Today has been quite a bad day for me actually… everything so far has gone wrong. But luckily, I’m at home now! Made myself a few cups of tea, and tried to recover… I’m especially looking forward to a relaxing bath later tonight, because it’s the best thing to do in order to relax mind and body, as well as to regain energy.

But before I head to the bath, I would like to post up Part 2 of my haul post for you! So, I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Dior Addict Lipstick ~ 578 Diorkiss

I told you, I was in need of more Dior Addicts, didn’t I? Missed my first Dior Addict Lipstick post? See it here! So, this time I picked up 578 Diorkiss, which is the color that is featured by Kate Moss in the Dior Addict promotions.

Source of image: dior.com

Dior Addict Lipstick ~ 578 Diorkiss is a vibrant true pink, that is sheer and gentle enough to be a very wearable and elegant pink. I can imagine it looks beautiful on almost every skintone.

The color looks a lot more intense in the tube than on the lips, but the color payoff is pretty nice though. It finishes with a lovely shine without shimmers, which I prefer these days. Over are the days that shimmery and glittery lippies would release serious enthusiasm!

Want a vibrant hot pink that is yet not loud? You will be loving 578 Diorkiss!

Dior 5 Couleurs ~ 534 Rosy Nude (Summer 2011 Electric Tropics Collection)

534 Rosy Nude is the brighter palette out of the two of Dior’s Summer 2011 Collection. Isn’t it a truly beautiful palette? I don’t know how you feel, but I simply can not get enough palettes with soft neutrals and nudes.

In all the excitement for my new goodies, I forgot to take swatches (yes, again!). Will hand in later!

Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

This is actually my second bottle already. This is the large bottle with 50 ml of product. So, obviously I love Dior One Essential! This serum totally fulfills what it claims to do! Thumbs up!

I’m using this serum at night before applying my moisturizer, which is currently the Kanebo Sensai Silk Soothing Cream. I can see a difference in my skin condition every morning when I used Dior One Essential. With this, my skin is much more radiant, plump and smooth.

I highly recommend the use of a good serum, if you noticed changes in your skin texture. For example, lack of firmness and radiance. Or simply if you feel that a moisturizer alone is not sufficient anymore.

| Product Information by Dior |

Push back the limits of anti-ageing effectiveness to enhance the Beauty of Women: this is now possible with One Essential.

More than a simple serum, it is the 1st Universal Skin Boosting Super Serum by Dior.
By eliminating toxins*, One Essential triggers exceptional regeneration* to reinforce the skin’s youthfulness.

All visible signs of ageing (wrinkles, loss of firmness, uneven skin tone) are intensively corrected. Applied before any other treatment, it boosts its performance, amplifying the targeted effectiveness of major anti-ageing active ingredients** for an exceptional youthful appearance.

One Essential, the first fundamental anti-ageing step by Dior:

- From the first application, skin regeneration begins: the skin is instantly brightened. It is visibly more beautiful.
- Day after day, the skin reveals newfound youth: it is firmer, radiant, intensely repaired

* In vitro testing of ingredients.
** In vitro testing of different anti-ageing ingredients with or without toxins.

Source of Product Information: dior.com

Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion

This is an alcoho-free toner that contains salicylic acid. My skin breaks out occasionally, hence I like to use a toner with salicylic acid in my daily skincare regimen. It is quite an effective way to keep break-outs to the minimum.

The Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion has a gel consistency that doesn’t strip my sensitive skin. I have been using it since I got it last week. So far so good!

Okay, that’s it! A few days ago, I claimed via Twitter and Facebook that I have to go on a no-buy for the rest of the month! But… I failed today! Yes, once again! I’m such a loser when it comes to no-buys, haha…

I got the Caudalie Anti-Ageing Serum Eyes and Lips, because there was a 10% off promotion on all Caudalie products. I heard about this eye and lip serum from my beloved beauty youtuber and friend Fuzkittie. Another item I got is the Dr Hauschka Lip Balm. I have a weakness for lip balms in a pot, even though it’s not very sanitary, oh well…

Off to my desired bath!

Valeria May 17, 2011 at 01:59

That lipstick color is gorgeous! Seriously perfect. Ah, but I have way too many pink lipsticks already…. and the serum is very interesting! Have you used Genifique? If you have, is the Dior serum much better? Most of the skin products I use are Lancome, so I sometimes feel like I may be missing out on new products from time to time.

Jess May 17, 2011 at 02:01

Sorry, I haven’t tried out the Lancome Genifique serum yet. But I tried it at the counter some time ago. It has a somewhat similar consistency to Dior One Essential.

Eva May 17, 2011 at 02:05

DiorKiss is so pretty eh? i looove the color oh man I am lemming that palette love it!! The dior one essential is my FAV serum at the moment it works so well. The clinique toner looks good does it dry out your skin at all?
Eva last blog…Dior Aurora Healthy Glow Powder and Chanel Morning Rose Nail PolishMy Profile

Jess May 17, 2011 at 02:09

Yes, Diorkiss is super pretty! <3

No, the Clinique Mild Clarifying Toner doesn't dry out my skin at all, even though my skin is sensitive and quite dry (except for the t-zone)!

Valeria May 17, 2011 at 02:07

Aw, all right. Maybe I’ll be able to go to my local Dior counter and try it out for myself once my Genifique runs out :) It’s a shame how the Lancome foundations are too dark for your skin :(
Valeria last blog…Just a little updateMy Profile

lilladylife May 17, 2011 at 02:41

oh rosy nude is so pretty! I was debating between that set and rosy tan! I really like the formula of the new Dior lipsticks but have yet to find a color that appeals to me =\
Looks so pretty on u! thank u for sharing!
lilladylife last blog…Finished Products of AprilMy Profile

georgina May 17, 2011 at 03:07

Hi Jess! Diorkiss looks so stunning on your lips! what a gorgeous, smooth pink lipstick! haha

i cant wait for your swatch and EOTD for the Dior Rosy Nude quint! the colors look so lovely in the pan!

i hope you’re feeling a lot better now that you have relaxed and rested for a bit! =)
georgina last blog…NARS Tainted Love Set- Review and SwatchesMy Profile

erica May 17, 2011 at 03:07

i looooove that lip color! i have been looking for something bright! i may just have to go get that!

Jess May 17, 2011 at 03:29

It will look amazing on you, Eri! :)

Cynthia May 17, 2011 at 03:08

I’m so tempted to purchase another Dior Lippy, the one that I got called Tokyo looks neutral and light. I want something more bold and pretty. Can’t wait till you test out the new Dior eyeshadow palette love the neutral shades of it.

Kat May 17, 2011 at 03:20

I’m loving that Diorkiss! I almost bought that color but ended up with another color. I’ve been debating whether or not to go back today to pick up the Diorkiss but thought that if I blogged instead, it would take away my desire to go out and shop…then I read your post. I just may head out to get it yet, even though I’ve already hauled 5 different lippies to replace my one favorite. *sigh*
Kat last blog…Lipstick Adventures and Surprise AnnouncementMy Profile

Jess May 17, 2011 at 03:29

Five lippies for one! Yay! :)

But sorry for tempting you again, Kat! Do let me know how you like it, when you got it!

InsideOut Elle May 17, 2011 at 03:23

Oh that lipstick color is GORGEOUS – that’s the exact kind of pink I love. The Dior palette is gorgeous too. Dior has some of the most lovely palettes, just the way the colors are arranged and quilted embossing, it’s so lovely.
InsideOut Elle last blog…Korea Trip 2010- Part 13- Emergency Road Services Samsung AnyCall MVsMy Profile

Nic nic May 17, 2011 at 05:51

I loveee the lipstick and palette you bought from Dior. Gorgeous picks. Looking forward to the looks from it!
Nic nic last blog…Tempting Darkhorse Smokey FOTD and Apricot Punch NailsMy Profile

coco May 17, 2011 at 07:09

diorkiss looks nice on your lips and sounds like my kind of pink. you’re making me wanting to splurge on it!
coco last blog…quick and easy with rapunzelMy Profile

sizbelle May 17, 2011 at 07:33

i have been eyeing on this shade for dior lipstick… can i have a peek on your fotd with this lippy?

i always like lip balm in pot too
sizbelle last blog…Review- Meiji Collagen C DrinkMy Profile

Jess May 17, 2011 at 14:06

I will wear Diorkiss in a look soon! Stay tuned to it! ;)

Vicky May 17, 2011 at 14:11

I love Diorkiss especially after seeing it on Kate Moss, I don’t know which I like best Dior addicts or Chanel Coco Shines… XD
Diorkiss looks great on you!

I just ordered Rosy Nude last night, and I can’t wait to get it, it’ll be my first Dior eyeshadow palette. Excited! :D
xx
Vicky last blog…I Want!My Profile

Jess May 17, 2011 at 16:38

Yes, Diorkiss looks so beautiful on Kate Moss! Oh, congrats on getting your first Dior palette! ;)

Nani May 17, 2011 at 16:43

LOVING the quad and lipstick!
I actually went to the Dior counter in the city I went to yesterday for Freja’s surgery (everything is okay, btw : D She’s slowly recovering) to check out the lipglosses and I freaking LOVE THEM! *_* They’re so so so beautiful!
Nani last blog…I wanna be the very bestMy Profile

a!kO May 17, 2011 at 20:30

Love the Dior haul, they both look so pretty. I think I’ve seen them in a YT haul and fell in love :D
a!kO last blog…Project 365- 99 Getting out of the holeMy Profile

Mindy (minky) May 17, 2011 at 22:32

Oooh totally loving your haul, Jess!! <3 That lipstick is TOO pretty!
Mindy (minky) last blog…My Newest Obsessions and What I DoMy Profile

Becky May 18, 2011 at 05:39

How are you? It’s been a while since I visited your blog. By the way, nice haul. The lippie looks really nice on your lips :)

When I need to relax, I drink a hot green tea and take a warm bath and it makes my day better :)

Jie Jie May 18, 2011 at 07:42

Yay, I picked up Dior Addict in 621 last Friday and love it so much.. I have a sample of Dior Serum and can’t wait to try it out:) Do you think Dior eyeshadow palette 534 is must have out of other Dior palettes?

Jess May 18, 2011 at 13:38

Yay for your Dior Addict! I think 534 Rosy Nude is quite a must-have out of all Dior palettes, if you are like me who love nude shades like these. But you can also go for 609 Earth Reflection from the permanent collection, which is a similar neutral palette. Hope that helped! ;)

WorshipBlues May 18, 2011 at 11:15

What a thoroughly fantastic haul! I was oggling the Dior palettes today but lo and behold….I RESISTED!

The Dior lippy looks gorgeous on your lips. I have one too and I need to swatch it.

The Caudalie serum is FAB! I use that too and it is really starting to make a difference. I dont think you need it to be honest…your eye look perfecto.

I use the NUDE advances cellular renewal serum and it is magic. I absolutely love the stuff. Have you tried it?

Jess May 18, 2011 at 13:40

Believe me, my eyes are so not perfecto!! You should see me without makeup, especially in the morning or after a long day, haha… super puffy and droopy!

No, I have never heard of the NUDE advances cellular renewal serum.

Vonvon May 18, 2011 at 12:07

Hmmm… I think I should get myself some Dior lippy too. The one you have on your lips is such a pretty shade. But hopefully, I could catch a Dior sale when I go back to Malaysia in Summer and grab some at some bargains.

And a big YES to the One Essential serum. I should consider getting another bottle of this. This seriously works! Surely needs some detox for my skin.
Vonvon last blog…A-Blush-A-Day- No 16- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream 5 – Swatches &amp ReviewMy Profile

Jessying May 19, 2011 at 10:19

Ah.. i love this Diorkiss lippie, looks so good on you!!! I feel like want to run to counter to try out color NOW, but in my backyard still so many unopened lippie to play with .. *slap forehead*
Jessying last blog…Parkson Elite card members get try facial at 50 offMy Profile

happycache.tumblr May 29, 2011 at 18:00

Great Dior Addict Lippy!!!:-)

xo,