Fotd | Rosy Nude & Bronze Rosé

by Jess on Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 · 35 comments

Hello! My sleeping behaviour has gone pretty bad the last two weeks. You might remember that I said I want to kick myself to bed before 2:00 am?

Well… my very bad habit of staying up very late has come back! Argh! It’s actually a really bad habit, since it is so bad for health and beauty! I can totally see how my skin and complexion is suffering… :(

Another thing that I want to mention is that I have to excuse for the messed-up up sidebar! Something seems to have gone wrong with my blog layout. I’m really sorry for that! Hopefully, I (or more precisely, my friend Catherine, who is the expert in this field) will be able to fix it soon!

Some of you have requested a look with the 5 Couleurs ~ 534 Rosy Nude and the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel ~ 547 Brone Rosé, which I showed in my previous haul posts. So here we go!

First, the products I used…

BASE MAKEUP

. Sephora Liner Elecro ~ 08 Copper Electro
. Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara

CHEEKS & LIPS
. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel ~ 547 Bronze Rosé
. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine ~ 48 Évasion
. Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss ~ 51 Insouciance

The finished look! A soft nude look with a winged eyeliner. Don’t regard my tired and blotchy skin, please! My skin has become quite out of balance the last few days. Booh…! Let’s ban bad skin days!

Today, I decided to use the MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15. The coverage is very sheer, as you might be able to see from the photos, but it does slightly even out the skintone. I think I should have used a foundation today, since the Moisture Tint didn’t really help with the blotchiness. Sorry for the gross pores around my nose area! :|

Oops, I forgot to fill in my eyebrows with eyebrow powder! How embarrassing…
I did a winged eyeliner to make my eyes stand out a little more, because the soft shades of 534 Rosy Nude don’t create much depth.

Swatch of Dior 5 Couleurs ~ 534 Rosy Nude

The shades of 534 Rosy Nude are very soft and a little on the warm side.

Close ups. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 48 Évasion and Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss 51 Insouciance on top for more shine.

I’m very happy with Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel 534 Bronze Rosé! Totally completes my nude look! And finally, a bronzer that doesn’t make me look too orange or dirty, haha…

I have been asked, if I think that 534 Rosy Nude is a must-have out of all Dior palettes. I would say, with its soft colors, 534 Rosy Nude is a really pretty palette for spring and summer, but I don’t think it’s an absolute must-have. Except if you are like me, a fan of nude/neutral palettes!

If you have a darker skintone, you should consider getting 754 Rosy Tan , which is kind of a deeper variation of 534 Rosy Nude.

Hope you liked my Rosy Nude look! Off I am to pamper my skin! ;)

Yinnie May 19, 2011 at 00:47

I love the demure little flick you’ve done with your liner pen. :)

I can never bring myself to buy dior palettes, but this one looks sooo sweet

jessy May 19, 2011 at 00:47

i think this is a great look on you, so natural~~~~

Nani May 19, 2011 at 00:59

You look absolutely STUNNING <3 and the quad is so damn beautiful! : D
Nani last blog…Frejas Surgery Help repeal the Danish Breed Ban 09My Profile

Sheila May 19, 2011 at 01:04

I LOVE your winged eyeliner look!! It looks AMAZING on you.
Sheila last blog…Review- Cellnique Intensive Hydrating Oasis GelMy Profile

lilladylife May 19, 2011 at 02:36

soooooooooo pretty u make me want to get that rose bronzer!
lilladylife last blog…Dior Summer 2011My Profile

sizbelle May 19, 2011 at 02:52

another soft gentle look by you!

how are you liking the dollywink pencil liner, i bought that last month but it seems to smudge on my inner lashline…
sizbelle last blog…Nail Swatch- China Glaze Pelican GrayMy Profile

Jess May 19, 2011 at 14:06

I think the Dolly Wink liner is quite good for lining a precise line, however I don’t like it for tightlining.

InsideOut Elle May 19, 2011 at 03:09

eheh yes yes Koji Wink ^^ love that liner :) This is a great every day look and you look very lovely :}
InsideOut Elle last blog…Review- My Beauty Diary Cooling MaskMy Profile

Paris B May 19, 2011 at 03:23

Uhoh… I think I need to go and look at that Chanel bronzer/blush thing!!
Paris B last blog…The Clarins UV Plus HP SPF40 Sunscreen and I are inseparable!My Profile

Jess May 19, 2011 at 14:06

Yes, you need to! ;)

Eva May 19, 2011 at 04:43

this is so lovely!! the nude looks really good on you! the bronzer looks so pretty on you will need to check it out again i have some gift cards that need to be spent!
Eva last blog…Dior Aurora Healthy Glow Powder and Chanel Morning Rose Nail PolishMy Profile

Nic nic May 19, 2011 at 05:13

I heart your Chanel lipstick! I need to get that shade hehe…

awww you are glowing here Jess! The palette looks great on you – a very subtle sunkissed look <3
Nic nic last blog…Tempting Darkhorse Smokey FOTD and Apricot Punch NailsMy Profile

Tiff May 19, 2011 at 12:05

I really love this! My daily makeup is just eyeliner and curled lashes because I never knew how to make eyeshadow work in a ‘neutral’ way. Probably because most blogs I read side towards ‘gyaru’ makeup where everything is really dramatic and there’s just no way I could wear that sort of eye make up everyday!
Tiff last blog…Huge Sasa haul sorry- Sasa shipping man!My Profile

Jess May 19, 2011 at 14:10

Believe me, Tiff! I had a hard time figuring out to make eyeshadow work on my eyes too! Practice practice practice! I hope my FOTDs are a little helpful for you! :)

coco May 19, 2011 at 17:11

nice look!
coco last blog…part of my eyebrow pencils collectionMy Profile

fuz May 19, 2011 at 17:12

sooo pretty!! The Chanel bronzer looks great on you Jess!
fuz last blog…MovedMy Profile

Jen May 20, 2011 at 00:21

You look SO polished and fresh :) I love the bronzer on you. The bit of warmth really gives you a glow :) And your skin is fabulous even w/the lack of sleep!! ^_^ I’ve never tried moisture tint but it really looks light and moisturizing :)I adore your lip color!

Akisa May 20, 2011 at 08:10

LOVE this look on you!! my favourite so far.
Akisa last blog…DIOR Addict Lipstick – Tango 652My Profile

Kat May 20, 2011 at 11:15

A very lovely, soft look. It’s absolutely perfect for spring.
Kat last blog…Showered With Love!My Profile

WorshipBlues May 20, 2011 at 11:38

Oh the gorgeousness!! Splendid LOTD x
WorshipBlues last blog…Magical Mystical JapanMy Profile

Fruity Lashes May 20, 2011 at 11:49

love what you picked up for the summer and everything worked so well. rosy nude looks really pretty.
Fruity Lashes last blog…Start off Your Summer Looking Fresh with These Summer Beauty Essentials!My Profile

miss wiggle May 21, 2011 at 22:52

I love your crochet top, Jess! And winged liner looks so cute on you. :)

Stellarvixen May 22, 2011 at 05:10

uu i like your knitted crochet top! summery~!

perfect combination for chanel bronzer!
healthy flush! haha coffretgorge just did a review on it and brought your blogpost up!

wheee
Stellarvixen last blog…My Mother Nourishes My Life…With LOVEGiveaway!My Profile

Kristina May 23, 2011 at 03:24

Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

mona May 23, 2011 at 05:16

looking gorgeous as usual.

I can’t seem to get to bed before 2am ever…
mona last blog…Maybelline Timely Turquoise Lacquer Review- SwatchesMy Profile

Vonvon May 24, 2011 at 00:57

I like the winged liner look you did.

As for the Dior palette, I only like the pink shade.
Vonvon last blog…Look- Colorful PastelsMy Profile

astrorainfall @ beauty box May 24, 2011 at 04:28

That Dior eyeshadow quad is gorgeous….thanks for doing this FOTD with another hot item of the moment…the Chanel bronzer….

You look good – wouldn’t have been able to tell you are lacking sleep!
astrorainfall @ beauty box last blog…Delicate Japanese JewelleryMy Profile

Nic nic May 24, 2011 at 17:36

love the eye palette on you, once again, great job Jess! your eye makeup is perfect for everyday :D
Nic nic last blog…Quick Post- All about the Hat!My Profile

Rei May 26, 2011 at 15:19

Glad I came across your blog today, been going through your old posts. Love all the products featured on your blog :)
And thank you for the Dior Rosy Nude FOTD, it looks lovely on you. I still haven’t decided on whether to get the Rosy Nude or Rosy Tan…

Agnes May 29, 2011 at 07:29

I totally love those blushes on you!
Agnes last blog…Be@rBricks CollectionsMy Profile

Martha May 29, 2011 at 14:57

Wow such a gorgeous look! I had to order Rosy Nude, the Chanel Bronzer, and a couple Rouge Coco Shines after seeing this :)
Martha last blog…Samples- Gift with Purchases- and Eye Love Too Faced Palette SwatchesMy Profile

Penelope May 29, 2011 at 16:23

Wow, another beautiful look. You look flawless and so pretty and polished! Love the products!!
Penelope last blog…Coral Pink Cheeks – Topshop Flush Blush FOTDMy Profile

Jamilla June 6, 2011 at 13:15

Lovely Chanel goodies!
Jamilla last blog…The Joy of Eyebrow ThreadingMy Profile

Jacqueline December 15, 2011 at 04:06

Jess, what a pretty fotd! Love it.
Jacqueline last blog…Groovy Night Performance on 10th December 2011 at St James PowerhouseMy Profile

Jess December 15, 2011 at 04:08

Aww… thank you, Jacqueline!