Clarins Rouge Prodige 01 Lovely Rose

by Jess on Monday, May 30th, 2011 · 33 comments

Hello! I want to apologize for the unannounced hiatus! Things in life have been a bit hectic these days. That’s life, that’s life…

Leaving the little rant aside! No, I didn’t break my ‘cosmetics-no-buy’ (again)! The product that I’m going to talk about in this post, namely Clarins Blush Prodige 01 Lovely Rose, is a pick up from last month! For some reason I always forgot to show you. Not that I’m not loving it!!

The blush comes in a protective red velvet pouch that adds a luxury feel to the product.

The compact itself is kept very clean and comes in a cool toned gold that looks very elegant, but catches every fingerprint. Have a look at the design of the back! A shiny red surface! I personally like the design of this compact a lot as it nicely stands out from other brands.

As you can see, the powder has two different shades and textures. The bright pinks (the smaller sections) are shimmery as they have silvery glitter particles to it, whereas the peachier pink sections are more towards the matte side. I like to sweep my blush brush allover the blush to pick up the color for a bright pink flush with a very fine sheen to it.

If you got shattered when you read ‘silver glitters’, don’t worry! You won’t end up like you had sequins on your cheeks! The silver glitter particles are actually barely noticeable on the cheeks.

Lovely Rose looks especially pretty on fair cool toned skin. The color payoff is more on the sheer side, which makes this a 100% foolproof blush. Despite the sheerness, the intensity is easily build-able.

Here is how it looks on me! Please excuse the blotchy-ness and gross pores!

All in all, I’m very fond of this blush, because it gives me a cute bright pink flush without intensifying the pink undertone of my skin too much for the pink is a little more on the cool side. I won’t recommend it to skintones darker than NC 25 though, as it probably won’t show up.

Have you found your perfect pink blush yet? If so, please tell me about it! I’d love to know!

lilladylife May 30, 2011 at 15:49

this blush looks absolutely gorgeous on!!! i have yet to find my HG pink…but MAC’s well dressed and NARS Deep Throat are both flattering on my NC 25 skin
lilladylife last blog…Simple Steps for a Summer FaceMy Profile

Jess May 30, 2011 at 19:30

Thanks for sharing! I have heard that MAC Well Dressed and NARS Deep Throat are very pretty blushes!

Jamilla May 30, 2011 at 16:17

Beautiful! I love Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tink in Sheer Raspberry.

Jess May 30, 2011 at 19:31

Yay, finally you are back! Missed you a lot! And thank you for promptly visiting my new blog! <3

Julie May 30, 2011 at 18:09

Beautiful blush! It looks great on you :)

Jess May 30, 2011 at 19:38

HI Julie! Thank you for visiting and commenting here! <3

erica May 30, 2011 at 19:56

that blush looks so good on you! i’m still searching for mine. i love that yours looks so natural yet has a nice sheen :)

Jen May 30, 2011 at 23:17

This blush is so incredible on you. Have you tried Illamasqua’s Katie blush? I think it will look beautiful on your skin because it is a very milky baby pink.
Jen last blog…Weekend Bliss and Sunday FavesMy Profile

Jess May 31, 2011 at 00:18

Hi Jen! No, have not tried anything from Illamasqua yet, because this brand is not available over here. But I have heard really good things about this brand’s blushes actually! I love milky baby pinks! :)

ParisB May 31, 2011 at 03:43

For some reason, I was really into this when I saw the pics but then I forgot about them! I love blush so thank you for reminding me that I have to check this out the next time I go by Clarins :D I’m not sure if I have a perfect pink blush but if you can get hold of it, the Chanel Les Roses Flight Exclusive blush palette is lovely!
ParisB last blog…Japanese Makeup How To- Makeup Tips from Toru Kobayashi RMK Makeup ArtistMy Profile

Eva May 31, 2011 at 08:17

ooh this blush is really pretty!! i was looking at these the other trying to decide which one to get haha!
Eva last blog…Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill 8 Champagne ReviewMy Profile

Kat May 31, 2011 at 08:35

The blush is gorgeous on you! I think that it’s the perfect pink for you.
Kat last blog…Gift Review- Hada Labo BB Moist Cream-Picture HeavyMy Profile

WorshipBlues May 31, 2011 at 13:08

This is so pretty. I am really liking the YSL blush at the moment. I think it may be too early to tell if it is HG worthy though x
WorshipBlues last blog…Shouting from the rooftopsMy Profile

Rei May 31, 2011 at 15:01

It looks so pretty on you! Clarins has been releasing some beautiful makeup lately, definitely need to check it out soon.
My favorite pink blush is the Jill Stuart 01.
Rei last blog…BECCA Luminous Skin ColourMy Profile

Nic nic May 31, 2011 at 16:41

The blush looks amazing on you. The shades you choose are always spot on! Aww your skin looks good to me!!
Nic nic last blog…One Day Three LooksMy Profile

Lisa May 31, 2011 at 23:06

This is so pretty on you! Very much a cool toned color…I did not know that Clarins had a cosmetics line. You learn something new everyday! Have you tried any of their foundations (if they have)? Thanks for the review!

Jess June 1, 2011 at 02:18

I think that Clarins’ makeup collection is way too neglected! Clarins does have some really nice products which are quite reasonable priced in my humble opinion! :)
I’m sorry to tell that I have not tried any Clarins foundations yet (except for their powder foundation some years ago, which I’m not sure if it’s still available). The reason is the shades are all too dark for me – even the lightest shade.

Lisa June 1, 2011 at 23:05

I love the Givenchy prism peach toned blush. Have you tried their products? I have to say I’m a sucker for nice packaging. I just bought it a few weeks ago and it is so nice for summer. Not too orange, but a lovely peach. Nice for the warm toned people!

Jess June 2, 2011 at 01:33

Unfortunately Givenchy has been banned out of the country where I live some time earlier, so not able to get any Givenchy makeup now! :|

Lisa June 2, 2011 at 18:28

Boo. Off topic but I was wondering how you liked the Lunasol (did I spell that right?) foundation work for you? Is it a cream or more liquidy? And lastly, do you think I could find it in Canada? Sorry for the barage of questions! I am always on the look out for a water-based, better-for-the-skin foundation. Right now I am really enjoying Lancome’s liquid Teint Miracle. Such a nice light-med coverage with subtle glow (not glittery in the least).

Jess June 3, 2011 at 00:31

I like the Lunasol Water Gel Foundation a lot! It has a creamy gel formula with a high content of water. You can order it online from e.g. Adambeauty or Gooddealer.

Makeup Morsels June 1, 2011 at 06:13

Hello, it’s great to hear from you again! Clarins is one of my favorite high-end lines, I think they always release such gorgeous things! I have this in Sunset Coral, and I really love the texture and finish of the blush. The light pink color looks very pretty on you, and thanks for doing such a thorough review xD btw were these taken with the new camera?
Makeup Morsels last blog…Watercolor EOTD TutorialMy Profile

Jess June 1, 2011 at 14:55

Heya! Thanks for enjoying this review! No, these photos are still taken with my old Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5. :)

donna dell June 7, 2011 at 04:19

the blush looks very pretty and fresh on your skin. i love the quality of your pictures :)

Suzy June 9, 2011 at 01:05

Blotchy skin? “Gross” pores? Whaaaaat?! Woman, your skin is beautiful! Seriously! I wish my skin looked as beautiful as yours :)

And that blush looks gorgeous on you :) What a pretty and cute colour <3

Penelope June 9, 2011 at 20:04

The blush looks stunning on you! I have this blush too and really love it. Love your eye makeup in the pic. It’s gorgeous and natural x
Penelope last blog…Sunplay Skin Aqua Moisture BB Cream ReviewMy Profile

Shop N' Chomp June 25, 2011 at 02:07

Jess, thanks so much for stopping by! :)

I adore pink blushes but have yet to try Clarins’. Must! This looks so pretty on you.
Shop N’ Chomp last blog…Chanel Fall 2011 EyewearMy Profile

Lina kim July 11, 2011 at 15:37

Jess I mis your blogpost~~ >.<
Lina kim last blog…Sponsored Review: G&G BT DOLLY BLACK Circle LensesMy Profile

Nayhara Lisboa August 24, 2011 at 02:48

that this beautiful color, love it!
you have tested the color SOFT PEACH?
I’m dying to see the swatches of it.

kisses: *

makeupmag September 8, 2011 at 19:31

That blush is beautiful on you! :)

Monica September 11, 2011 at 04:57

what a pretty blush, I love the different texture and shades. Unfortunately I haven’t found the perfect pink blush yet. Thanks for the review :)
Monica last blog…Estee Lauder – Hydrationist Maximum Moisture CremeMy Profile

Dana Yoshimizu September 17, 2011 at 18:54

Oh that’s such a pretty blush

& the packaging is beautiful
I’m a sucker for cute packaging. lol

Jess September 25, 2011 at 21:53

The pink looks good on you!!! and the velvet red pouch is beautiful!!
Jess last blog…Join Estée Lauder Companies Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign 2011My Profile