Makeup Brushes | My SUQQU Brush Collection

by Jess on Friday, November 18th, 2011 · 40 comments

Hello! Makeup brushes have always ‘fascinated’ me for some reason, and I could spend hours at a counter looking, feeling and comparing different brushes. Tell me, I’m not the only one! :)

So, today I would like to show you my latest makeup brushes that I added to my collection, which ranges from MAC, Bobbi Brown, Dior, Shu Uemura to RMK. As the post title already reveals, the latest additions are from SUQQU! On a random side note, if you followed me on twitter, you might have noticed that me and my lovely blogger friends Sheila, Karen have been tweeting about this brand like crazy the past few days. Yes, we are hooked on SUQQU, aren’t we?

Coming back to the actual post topic, I have been wanting the SUQQU Face Brush and SUQQU Cheek Brush for the longest time actually (for 2 years…?). I have to admit that I was choked when I found out about the heavy price tag. But upon careful consideration, I’m now a proud owner of four SUQQU brushes!

Enough of words! Here are the photos of my ‘humble’ SUQQU brush collection consisting of Face Brush, Cheek Brush, Eyeshadow Brush L and Eyeshadow Brush M. I’m not going into reviewing or details in this post. I will do a review at a later date.

Every SUQQU brush comes in a SUQQU signature paper box. Very simple and clean, but very classy.

Et voilá, the brushes! SUQQU makeup brushes are made of 100% finest gray squirrel hair. All that I can say here is, amazingly soft and silky.

The brushes are all densely packed, yet the bounciness and resistance of the hair is still given.

I adore the highly glossy handles. I’m not sure if they are made of wood or a plastic material, but they have a very sturdy feel and lie comfortably in the hand.

The very subtle SUQQU emblem on the handle creates an even more classy and luxurious look, doesn’t it?

At the bottom line, I must say I’m happy to have bought these brushes. Yes, they are super expensive, but it’s like Reika said “… We all have handbags right? Do you consider having a Birkin as a must-have?” Reika is an amazing beauty blogger with a great sense for fashion, and I probably need to blame her to get me intrigued with SUQQU that much these days. Go and check out her awesome SUQQU posts, and you will find out how she made it!

Last but not least, I have another teaser picture for you! Guess what it’s about?
Yes, more SUQQU! I ordered these items online at DollyLeo. Can you feel my excitement?

My SUQQU brushes were purchased for me with the help of my dear blogger friend Jamilla at Selfridges & Co. Did you know that SUQQU products are more reasonably priced in the UK than in Japan, although it is a Japanese brand? For prices and more information about SUQQU products, check out the SUQQU website.

Jess

Katherine November 18, 2011 at 04:46

Nice collection! Suqqu stuff is so hard to get!
Katherine last blog…MAC Paint Pot let’s Skate Swatches, Review & DupesMy Profile

Jess November 18, 2011 at 23:41

Hello Katherine! Yes, SUQQU is indeed not easily accessible. But try the online shops like Selfridges & Co, DollyLeo, Ichibankao or Mihokoshop!

Sheila November 18, 2011 at 04:51

Wooot!! They are GORGEOUS, super jelly. I hope to own the blush brush when I get to London next year, hopefully.

Thanks for sharing, now GO TO SLEEEP! <3
Sheila last blog…Blogger Nail Spa Event at Shi Nail! [pic heavy!!]My Profile

Jess November 18, 2011 at 23:42

The Blush Brush is so worth the investment, Sheila! You gotta get it!

Kat November 18, 2011 at 04:54

Wow, congrats on getting the SUQQU brushes! They are definitely a luxury brand and I’m happy that you have them. You deserve it.
Kat last blog…Purchase Review & Comparison: Wet N Wild Mega Liner vs. K-Palette Real Lasting EyelinerMy Profile

Jess November 18, 2011 at 23:42

Thank you, Kat!

lyn November 18, 2011 at 05:25

Good grief, just when I thought I don’t really need another brush, you then had to show me this! The face brush looks so plush and soft. I must have it! Thanks for the shop link too, will check it out soon :-)
lyn last blog…OPI The Muppets Nail Lacquer in Designer de BetterMy Profile

Jess November 18, 2011 at 23:44

Hi Lyn! Yes the Face Brush is ultra soft and fluffy, yet with a light resistance. I’d love to read your thoughts about it once you have picked it up yourself! :)

sizbelle November 18, 2011 at 05:54

HOW! I’m kinda tempted for the cheek brush even though it’s gonna cost me a lot *choke* but i think its almost time for me to get a proper one, as my ecotools one is getting out of shape probably soon….

Wow, another teaser pics.. hmm i prefer to see them naked out of the packaging..XD
sizbelle last blog…Shopping: Sharing My Shoe Adventure!My Profile

Jess November 18, 2011 at 23:47

You won’t regret the investment in the SUQQU Cheek Brush, Sizbelle! Naked teaser pics, haha ok… :p

Nic nic November 18, 2011 at 05:58

I was surprised when I compared the the prices of their foundation between Japan and UK. SUQQU looks like a great brand to invest in!
Nic nic last blog…La Roche-Posay Effaclar KMy Profile

Jess November 18, 2011 at 23:45

Hi Nic Nic! Yes, SUQQU is definitely a brand worth investing in. You are so lucky to live in Japan with all the gorgeous Japanese cosmetic stuff!

Mimi November 18, 2011 at 13:23

Omg you have suqqu brushes! I would die to buy and your pictures look amazing. Definitely going to raid it when I go back to HK ^^
Mimi last blog…Nude By Nature mineral products and brush setMy Profile

Jess November 18, 2011 at 23:48

Hi Mimi! I’m so glad to hear you like my pictures! Still practicing with my relatively new (and first) DSLR actually! I didn’t know SUQQU was available in Hong Kong.

Mimi November 20, 2011 at 09:30

Oh no wonder the pics are so high def, look forward to more pics :) I’m not sure if suqqu is available in HK, I’ll just search soho and if they don’t have I’ll just have to search online :(

Jess November 21, 2011 at 03:24

I just read somewhere that SUQQU is only available in the UK, Thailand and Japan actually. Thanks for enjoying my photos, Mimi!

Kate November 18, 2011 at 14:25

Consider me another Suqqu addict! Fell in love with their Spring 2009 collection and they’ve been my favourite brand ever since :)

I adore the brushes I have and just wish for more shapes.

Jamilla November 19, 2011 at 09:07

So glad you’re thrilled! Now, I’m eyeing the eye shadow brushes….
Jamilla last blog…FOTD – Mixing Metallics with Bobbi Brown Party Shimmer Brick and Estee Lauder Gelee Powder Eye Shadow 04 Cyber SilverMy Profile

Jess November 19, 2011 at 15:18

Yes, I am! And guess what? I’m planning on getting the SUQQU Eyeshadow Brush F too, but currently out of stock at Dollyleo. So, gonna have to wait…

Suzy November 19, 2011 at 13:54

Brb, I need to go wipe the drool off my face hahahaha xD They look amazing!!

Jess November 19, 2011 at 15:16

Haha, Suzy…! Thank you for stopping by! <3

Nani November 19, 2011 at 21:23

Woah the packaging is so awesome! T_T I love it! and the Eyeshadow brush is super nice-looking!
Nani last blog…Circle Lenses from [ Shoppingholics.com ]My Profile

Mindy November 21, 2011 at 01:21

Hi Jess!! What amazing photos of your brushes! :) They look stunning!
Mindy last blog…Giveaway: Shabby Apple Vintage Jewelry and ClothingMy Profile

Jess November 21, 2011 at 03:24

Thank you, Mindy!!

Eva November 21, 2011 at 08:42

oohh I’ve always wanted to try suqqu heard lots of great things about this brand! thanks for sharing! those brushes look beautiful!!
Eva last blog…Chanel Rouge Allure Laque – Empire 707 and NOTDMy Profile

Jess November 24, 2011 at 16:20

Hi Eva! Yes, they look absolutely beautiful! :)

Stacey November 23, 2011 at 06:17

I wish suqqu was available here! These brushes look great. I love the way they are packaged too!
Stacey last blog…Illamasqua Cream Blushers & Intense LipglossMy Profile

Jess November 24, 2011 at 16:23

Hi Stacey! Aren’t we all suckers for beautiful packaging?

nutty November 24, 2011 at 04:14

Hey!

You finally bought the suqqu brushes!! Please do review them!!

~nutty
nutty last blog…Jo Malone Body and Hand Lotion ReviewMy Profile

Jess November 24, 2011 at 16:23

Yes, finally! Thanks for stopping by, Nutty!

Rei November 27, 2011 at 11:33

Glad to know you love the suqqu brushes Jess :-) It seems that Suqqu is The brand of the moment, there are so many items out of stock on Dollyleo!
And thank you so much for the mention, you are so sweet!
Rei last blog…Tanda Zap ReviewMy Profile

Jess November 27, 2011 at 15:34

Hi Reika! Yes, SUQQU seems to be really THE brand lately! Maybe due to your SUQQU posts, hehe…

lisa November 30, 2011 at 20:12

Suqqu love, the brushes certainly look better quality than some other brands out there. Hi gh five to Liz for cp’ing them for you ;)
lisa last blog…Jill Stuart Fairy Garden – Photos and SwatchesMy Profile

Bun Bun Makeup Tips December 9, 2011 at 15:26

I’ve heard a great deal about them but they’re soooooooooooo expensive!!! So do you mean it’s cheaper in the UK than in Japan? I’m from Singapore, so where should I get it from?
Bun Bun Makeup Tips last blog…Falling in Love with the L’Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow Emerald Lame!My Profile

Jess December 10, 2011 at 14:53

Hi Bun Bun! Yes, I heard that SUQQU has th best prices in UK. I’m not sure, if it’s all products though.
You can order SUQQU from DollyLeo or Ichibankao. Both online shops provide International delivery.

Jacqueline December 15, 2011 at 03:49

I’m so envious of your Suqqu brushes, I’m loving the brand too. I hope to buy some of their brushes soon to see for myself what the fuss is about.
Jacqueline last blog…Groovy Night Performance on 10th December 2011 at St James PowerhouseMy Profile

Jess December 15, 2011 at 03:55

SUQQU brushes are really exquisite, and the quality is definitely there! So, they are absolutely worth to invest in. ;)

Jacqueline December 15, 2011 at 04:05

I’m currently checking out the DollyLeo website for Suqqu. I want so many things!

Jess December 15, 2011 at 04:07

Haha… but most of the brushes are out of stock at DollyLeo these days! Hope they have more stock soon!

Beatrice February 2, 2012 at 23:14

Hello!
May I steal the second picture from this post, to use it for a 7 deadly beauty sins tag on my blog?
Obviously, I’ll leave the watermark and I’ll credit you.
Please, let me know.