Review & Swatches | SUQQU Creamy Glow Lipstick 01, 09, 18

by Jess on Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 · 39 comments

Hello! It’s about time to showcase my SUQQU Creamy Glow Lipsticks! I apologize for the long wait though. I really meant to have this post done much much earlier. Reason for the delay is I had a hard time taking usable lip swatches, which has been super frustrating. But finally I got the shots!

I picked up three shades from DollyLeo. 01 Saebana, 09 Hanarenga and 18 Karakurenai.

SUQQU Creamy Glow Lipstick family! Aren’t they beautiful? The high glossy black tube looks chic and noble, but at the same time is a terrible dust and fingerprint magnet.

The texture of the Creamy Glow Lipstick is buttery soft and creamy, yet with a very lightweight feel on the lips. It’s probably the most moisturizing lipsticks I own, as my lips still feel smooth and not dried out even after hours when the color has faded. There is no scent to it which is another bonus to those who hate scented products on the lips.

Its texture is similar to the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté. While the Rouge Volupté doesn’t work on dry lips with lip lines, the Creamy Glow doesn’t sink into those lines, but smoothes out the lip surface instead.

The pigmentation is excellent. A light sweep is only needed for a fully opaque finish.

Since my lips don’t have a very clear lip line, I find the Creamy Glow Lipsticks are best applied with a lip brush. If I don’t have a brush at hand, I like to dab the color onto my lips and carefully blend it out with my fingertips.

SUQQU Creamy Glow Lipstick ~ 01 Saebana

01 Saebana is a neutral soft candy pink with a little bit of a cool undertone to it. Going for a young and cute look? This is the pink to choose!

SUQQU Creamy Glow Lipstick ~ 09 Hanarenga

09 Hanarenga is a peachy coral shade that is flattering on most Asian skintones. It gives you a bright overall look without being too loud, thus making it a very versatile color for many occasions.

SUQQU Creamy Glow Lipstick ~ 18 Karakurenai

18 Karakurenai is a pure flaming red. If you have yet to find the perfect red that is neither pinkish, brownish, or orange, this might be it! I always have to overcome myself a bit to put on a red lipstick, but I actually feel pretty comfortable with Karakurenai, as it flatters my skintone beautifully.

Yes, I’m loving these lipsticks a lot! Sooo… I ordered two more colors! They should be with me soon!

Jess

Sheila December 7, 2011 at 06:41

All of them look gorgeous on you! I need to get my hands on some more Suqqu… haha
Sheila last blog…Anna Sui Beauty Mirror L and Beauty Mirror P, limited edition from Holiday 2011My Profile

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:01

SUQQU Cream Glow is a lipstick worth investing in, Sheila!

Nic nic December 7, 2011 at 06:52

All gorgoues shades! Would love to see you with the lipsticks on full-faced :D especially the red!
Nic nic last blog…Pearly Nude Pink ♡My Profile

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:01

Hi Nic Nic! I hope I find some time to do some FOTDs soon!

LittoMokaa December 7, 2011 at 07:09

I love the first shade! It feels young & spring-ish :D

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:03

Hi LittoMokaa! Yes, 01 Saebana is definitely a young and spring-ish color!

Suzy December 7, 2011 at 07:23

Hanarenga looks beautiful :) But they’re all gorgeous shades!

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:03

Thank you, Suzy!

RAEview December 7, 2011 at 08:38

I wish Hanarenga looked that light and creamy on my lips! It’s more of a brick-based coral on me and must be paired with a milky peach gloss for a true peach effect :/

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:07

Hi Rae! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I agree that 09 Hanarenga has a bit of a brick-ish tone to it also on my lips. This, in my opinion, makes it a more grown-up peach shade.

ParisB December 7, 2011 at 09:06

AHHH i wasn’t sure if I wanted #18 but now I see it on you I know I want it! Lovely pix Jess :D
ParisB last blog…Nailing It! Angry Birds and Christmas Nail Art for the Beginner and Advanced Levels!My Profile

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:11

Hi Paris! Yes, get it!! I’m sure that 18 Karakurenai will look beautiful against your complexion!

Lina Kim December 7, 2011 at 10:22

Love the swatches and photography!!! are u using refecltor or soft box while taking the pic?

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:08

Hi Lina! I’m very glad to hear that you enjoy the swatches and photos. All these pictures were taken in natural daylight without a reflector nor a soft box.

Jamilla December 7, 2011 at 12:14

I love them all! Especially the RED! I picked up EX-01 from the Fall 2011 collection, and now I have ALL THREE (EX-01, EX-02 and EX-03). I love these lipstick and I want more!
Jamilla last blog…FOTD – Smoky Green Eye with NYX Box of Eye Shadows 112 Colors – Look 2My Profile

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:09

You are the biggest SUQQU enabler, Jamilla! So envious of your SUQQU collection, you know?

lyn December 7, 2011 at 13:46

Ahhh, so gorgeous! #18 is such a beautiful, glowing red!
lyn last blog…Glamourous Party Nails with Dior Vernis in ApparatMy Profile

Jess December 7, 2011 at 15:09

Hi Lyn! 18 Karakurenai is the only red in my lipstick collection, and I’m glad I picked it up!

Lizzie December 7, 2011 at 22:48

These are just gorgeous, and your hard work paid off: those are really amazing swatches, I hope mine will be like that one day!

I really have to get my hands on some of these!

Jess December 8, 2011 at 01:14

Hi Lizzie! Thank you so much for your sweet comment – it made my day! It’s always nice to hear that the work paid off, isn’t it?
The Creamy Glow Lipsticks are definitely worth the money!

xin December 8, 2011 at 03:05

Hanarenga looks really pretty! And will be very wearable on most days

Jess December 8, 2011 at 03:20

Hi Xin! Yes, Hanarenga is one of those to-go colors.

Kat December 8, 2011 at 06:33

These look so gorgeous and I like how you say it’s very moisturizing.
Kat last blog…NARS Hanamichi EOTD Take 2My Profile

Yvette December 8, 2011 at 09:48

Do they have SUQQU in Hing Kong?

Jess December 9, 2011 at 00:31

Hi Yvette! Sorry, I’m not sure, if SUQQU is available in Hong Kong. You can check out Suqqu’s website for more information!

Esther December 8, 2011 at 14:50

Hi Jess
I just ordered No. 1,9 & 12 tonight from DollyLeo after checking out a few blogs, yours is the first! ;) thanks for this lovely post, can’t wait for my order to arrive! :)

Jess December 9, 2011 at 00:33

Hi Esther! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I hope you receive your order soon, and hope you enjoy the Creamy Glow Lipsticks as much as I do!

Esther December 21, 2011 at 03:51

Hi again Jess!
I finally received my Creamy Glow Lipsticks yesterday and I tried #9 today :) Boy the lipstick is really buttery soft and creamy and the colour is very wearable :) Thanks again for helping me decide which colors to buy with your post! I am eyeing #4 and #10 next but DollyLeo do not have them at the moment! :( Hopefully they will restock the OOS colors soon! Have a wonderful holiday season ahead! :)

Jess December 22, 2011 at 00:29

Hi Esther! Thank you so much for coming back just to let me know that you finally got yourself the Creamy Glow Lipstick in 09 Hanarenga. I have picked up two more colors, but haven’t been able to swatch them yet.

Yes, hopefully DollyLeo will stock up on all the items soon! :)

Lily December 9, 2011 at 04:24

Thank you for the swatches! You have pretty lips :-) The colours look amazing. I’m gonna go to DollyLeo to have a look now.
Lily last blog…Roses to calm, sooth and hydrate: LANEIGE Makeup MistMy Profile

Jess December 10, 2011 at 14:54

Hi Lily! Thank you so much for the sweet comment!

Bun Bun Makeup Tips December 10, 2011 at 21:08

Ooooh, really pretty colors! Must be expensive?
Bun Bun Makeup Tips last blog…Eyeshadow Tutorial for Asian Eyes Part 4 – Defining the Contour AreaMy Profile

Rei December 12, 2011 at 12:26

Hi Jess, I read your post days ago but I finally got around to leave a comment :-P Glad to know you love the lipsticks too! What is your favorite shade so far?
Yes the finger prints are driving me nuts, I have to clean it with a piece of cloth after use each time!
Rei last blog…Tom Ford Eye Color Quad Golden Mink Review, Swatch and FOTDMy Profile

Jess December 14, 2011 at 02:34

Hi Rei! Thank you for stopping by a second time just for this comment! I’m reaching for 09 Hanarenga the most, because it’s such an easy-going color and work appropriate.
But 18 Karakurenai is definitely a beautiful red that I love wearing when I want to feel a little chic and glam, hehe…

Yes, the finger prints, dust and fuzz is very annoying. I always clean it before taking the photos, but there are still lots of fuzz showing up in the pictures! Ugh…!

Ellie December 12, 2011 at 15:57

All the colors are so beautiful! But, to me, 18 Karakurenai is the sexiest. That’s the one for me:)
Ellie last blog…my anxiety experiencesMy Profile

Jess December 14, 2011 at 02:35

Hi Ellie! Yes, 18 Karakurenai is a sexy hot, hehe…

Penelope December 15, 2011 at 12:06

Lovely colours! Thanks for such great quality swatches. I really LOVE the look of no.9
Penelope last blog…New: YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy StainMy Profile

Elle January 17, 2012 at 04:00

wowww these are gorgeous…that peach color especially! And I love how you take the swatch pictures – so bright and “accurate” looking imho ^^