Photos & Swatches | SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow 01 Kakitsubata, 02 Kokedama

by Jess on Friday, December 23rd, 2011 · 13 comments

Hello! Whoa… only two more days until Christmas!

Today’s post continues my SUQQU obsession! I have been wanting to get a Blend Color Eyeshadow palette for a very long time already, as they are said to be one of the best in terms of texture. Every palette contains two shimmery (top row) and two matte shadows (bottom row) to create a clean, polished and sophisticated look.

The two palettes to be showcased are 01 Kakitsubata and 02 Kokedama.

SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow~ 01 Kakitsubata

Like all SUQQU products, the Blend Color Eyeshadow palettes come in a black glossy compact that is very well made and feels sturdy in the hands, but is super prone to dust and fingerprints though.

01 Kakitsubata is a blend of a peach, a golden mocha, a cream beige and a dark navy blue. I think this is a pretty unique palette. Don’t the colors look beautiful and exciting? Honestly, I have been a little hesitant whether I really want 01 Kakitsubata, as I have been worrying whether I would be able to pull off the shades on my eyes. But to my great joy, all colors are truly meant for each other. 01 Kakitsubata creates a beautifully defined, modern and chic look.

The pearly shimmer in the pale peach and golden mocha shade is incredibly fine. The matte dark navy blue and cream beige have a very smooth and silky texture that is nowhere  near chalky (if you think it looks chalky in the swatch photo, it’s due to the very dry back of my hand).

SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow ~ 02 Kokedama

02 Kokedama is a blend of a pale mint, a greenish grey, a white and a dark khaki green. Of course I had to pick up another green themed palette! Earthy green shades never fail on me.

02 Kokedama is more of a cool toned neutral green palette. It’s perfect for anytime you wish to create an inconspicuous, yet defined makeup.

The texture in this palette has the same superb quality.

I wish you all a wonderful holiday season and a great time with your family and friends! Stay warm and healthy! Thank you for reading!

Jess

Jamilla December 23, 2011 at 04:13

I am so glad you like them both!! I am especially fond of 02!
Jamilla last blog…Hapuna Beach State Park – Big Island of Hawaii – and Clinique Mini-HaulMy Profile

Jess December 23, 2011 at 04:18

Yes, the quality of SUQQU products is incomparably amazing. I love 02 on you a lot, Jamilla! ;)

Cynthia December 23, 2011 at 04:29

Hi Jess,

Hope you are doing well and wishing you a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. The suqqu palettes you got looks so amazing. Ahh I wish I could splurge on beautiful makeups for this holiday. Anyway hope you enjoy using these palettes.
Cynthia last blog…I’m spoiling myselfMy Profile

Jess December 23, 2011 at 15:57

Hi Cynthia! I’m so glad to see you back again! Hope you are doing well! The SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow palettes not only look beautiful, they are amazing quality too!

I wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year too!

Rainy Days & Lattes December 23, 2011 at 06:51

Sucha gorgeous collection of palettes!!!!!!! =) I love it!
Rainy Days & Lattes last blog…Best Of 2011 Series: Bobbi Brown Downtown Beauty PaletteMy Profile

Jess December 23, 2011 at 15:57

Thank you, Rainy Days! ;)

The Driveller Kate December 23, 2011 at 10:39

Happy holidays, Jess!
I shared your worries about 01 but it is now my very favourite Suqqu palette. Very sexy and sophisticated at the same time. I’m so glad you’re back to posting :)

Jess December 23, 2011 at 15:59

Hi Kate! High five on having had the same worries about 01 Kakitsubata! You name it, 01 is indeed sexy and sophisticated, haha…
Happy Holidays, Kate!

erica December 23, 2011 at 20:00

happy holidays jess!

i love your photos, so gorgeous! that khaki pallette looks amazing!
erica last blog…300th post: a little christmas fun…My Profile

Jacqueline December 24, 2011 at 03:03

I’m actually thinking about getting Kakisubata, thanks so much for your swatches. I’m definitely going to get it now. I bought my first Suqqu eye quad about a month ago, I’m hooked, they have the nicest texture and pigmentation.
Jacqueline last blog…L’oreal La Couleur Infallible Eye shadow in 027 Goldmine and 022 Emerald Lame Swatches and ReviewMy Profile

Akisa December 29, 2011 at 08:03

OH MY GOD, I want #01!!!!
Akisa last blog…Christmas Lips TutorialMy Profile

Jo - Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog December 29, 2011 at 08:32

Ohh, the colours look amazing! I love that shade of blue!

x
Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog
Jo – Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog last blog…Moon GlassesMy Profile

Rei January 1, 2012 at 12:59

Happy New Year Jess! After reading your review, I am VERY tempted to try the green e/s by suqqu!
Rei last blog…Chanel TherapyMy Profile