Photos & Swatches | SUQQU Balancing Cheeks 01 Momozoe, 02 Mukuge, 03 Hinageshi

by Jess on Wednesday, February 1st, 2012 · 17 comments

Hello! Again, it feels like an age since I have posted an entry here. Ehhm… okay, it has been an age! Please let me apologize (again) for the irregular posting!

Today’s post is dedicated to my love for blushes. Don’t you feel kind of naked without blush? I think I could pass on a lipstick, but would feel highly uncomfortable without some color on my cheeks. That being said, it’s just understandable that I need to have more than three (or four, or five, or…) blushes in my collection! Right? ;)

So, let us move onto the three SUQQU Balancing Cheeks – the latest blushes I added to my collection!

The SUQQU Balancing Cheek blushes come in a pan with two shades. The shade on the left is always a much lighter shade, which serves to add some highlighting effect. The texture of these blushes is incredibly fine and silky.

The colors appear soft and translucent on the skin, and that’s exactly the way I love my cheek colors to look! No matter how heavy handed you are, over-applying hence ending up with clown cheeks is merely impossible. Both shades of every of the three colors have very tiny shimmer particles, which don’t really show up on the skin, but create a very subtle sheen.

SUQQU Balancing Cheeks ~ 01 Momozoe

01 Momozoe is a sheer neutral pink that looks flattering on almost any skintone, but particularly on fairer skin.

I have a natural pink undertone to my skin, and as a result I find it especially difficult to find the perfect pink blush.  A lot of pinks just seem to clash with my complexion. Luckily, it’s not the case with 01 Momozoe! I love how flattering this pink looks against my skin.

On the left is the pale cream pink highlighter color that enhances the pink blush perfectly.

SUQQU Balancing Cheeks ~ 02 Mukuge

02 Mukuge is a rose color leaning towards the coral side. It is a very easy-to-wear color, as it appears very natural, almost neutral on the skin, hence goes with any eye makeup and look.

The complementing highlighter on the left is a whitish pink that adds a sheer brightening effect.

SUQQU Balancing Cheeks ~ 03 Hinageshi

03 Hinageshi is a warmer peach color that is especially flattering on Asian skintone, since it won’t make the skin look more ‘yellow’ unlike some other peach blushes out there. Looking dull and tired? Put a little 03 Hinageshi onto your cheeks!

The complementary highlighter is a pale peachy shade with a warmish hue.

I appreciate the SUQQU Balancing Cheeks for its divine quality. The pigmentation is just exactly the way I like my blushes to be. The natural, soft and translucent finish is simply unique. Other than that, I have to mention the enclosed brush, which are quite as soft as SUQQU’s regular sized brushes.

If you happen to be a blush person as well, tell me which is your favorite blush! You know, I’ll never become tired of blushes! So, share with me!

Jess

Nic nic February 1, 2012 at 05:08

Hinageshi is my fave! they’re all pretty and nice sleek packaging!
Nic nic last blog…Collar Craze ♡ Dholic & GMarket HaulMy Profile

Cynthia February 1, 2012 at 06:05

I am a blusher fans and now you got me into this… I wan the SQQU blush now.. My all time favorite blush gonna be NARS Deep Throat and MAC Steroe Rose :))
Cynthia last blog…Review: ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing PowderMy Profile

Jamilla February 1, 2012 at 06:49
mayaari February 1, 2012 at 08:06

those all look like lovely blushes!
mayaari last blog…Naturopathica 30 Day Skin Transformation Challenge: Week 1My Profile

Jess February 3, 2012 at 00:17

Hi Mayaari! Yes, the quality is superb!

Rola February 1, 2012 at 08:19

I think they are all very pretty for fair skinned ladies.
Rola last blog…the Girl + the Fig RestaurantMy Profile

Jess February 3, 2012 at 00:16

Hi Rola! Due to the sheerer pigmentation it is definitely going to flatter fair skintoned ladies the best.

worshipblues February 1, 2012 at 11:37

What elegant and subtle shades!

Jess February 3, 2012 at 00:15

Yes, this is so typical for SUQQU!

Kat February 4, 2012 at 03:54

All of them are so pretty! I like that you can’t get clown cheeks no matter how much you apply. I tend to be heavy handed.

Jess February 6, 2012 at 00:33

Yes! Kat, I’m pretty heavy handed with blushes too, so I’m really glad these blushes are on the sheerer side!

Stacey February 4, 2012 at 15:36

I want all three of these!! I like how there’s a complimenting highlight shade. I really need to get my hands on some SUQQU products!
Stacey last blog…FOTD: Easy Khaki & BrownMy Profile

Jess February 6, 2012 at 00:34

Hi Stacey! Yes, the highlighting shade in the palette is so convenient – especially when travelling!

Rei February 5, 2012 at 14:08

Another epic Suqqu haul from you Jess! You are totally a Suqqu fan haha…
I passed Hinageshi up as I thought the peach color looked very similar to Mukuge in the pan, what do you think?
Rei last blog…Le Metier de Beaute True Colour Eye Shadows in JOJO, CORINTHIAN, BORDEAUX Reviews and SwatchesMy Profile

Jess February 6, 2012 at 00:38

Hm… actually, I think that Mukuge is more leaning towards coral with a hint of red, whereas Hinageshi is a much brighter real peach color.

Beatrice February 5, 2012 at 15:54

Oh! Hinageshi is absolutely gorgeous ♥
I’m definitely a blush person, can’t live without it: my favorite of all time is NARS Deep throat, but yesterday I bought MAC Frankly scarlet, the scariest blush in the pan but the most amazing pink once blended in. And I have to recommend the mineralize blushes from the brand new Naturally collection by MAC: they’re amazing and totally new formulation.
Beatrice last blog…Tag: 7 Deadly beauty sinsMy Profile

Jess February 6, 2012 at 00:41

Oh, the famous NARS Deep Throat! You know what? I was so near to get already it with my last order! I need to look into the new MAC blushes next time when I have the chance! Thank you so much for sharing, Beatrice!